Direct Billing Question

Disagree with walking from bad business.

Reason being, who ate you to judge. I have business still on the books from 3 years ago that I would have guaranteed would lapse in the first month. Others fall off that I would have bet would stay in for years.

Write anyone who can qualify on both payment mode and health. If they qualify for 5 star or snl and can write a check/money order today then it's a go

Gotcha,depends on the situation,the agent.

If the agent is new and on a 9 month advance,well he's asking for a charge back.

If the agent is as earned,he might as well take a shot.

Finding better customers helps the new agent become successful faster.

Since you have already spent the cash to get the lead----and gotten there and spent the time with them----sign them up and when you send in the app ask them to set it up for As Earned Commissions

If they stay on, you earn. If not no big---you do a coin toss

Work areas with fewer deadbeats

Gotcha,depends on the situation,the agent. If the agent is new and on a 9 month advance,well he's asking for a charge back. If the agent is as earned,he might as well take a shot. Finding better customers helps the new agent become successful faster.

What is the difference?

If I gave you $900 today and three months from now I said give me $600 of it back...how is that worse than just giving you $100 per month for three months?

And by worse I mean so bad that you are advising us to not take the money at all.

They have an account. If not a checking or savings then they have DE.

That's if drawing money from the government. If not drawing from the government then they have a job. If no job and nothing from the government then how the hell are they living?

There are a few rare exceptions where the government still sends checks. But it's very rare.

As a rule I don't write direct bill. But like most rules I break it from time to time. Not on new business though. I've written two this year. Both on long term client's family members and in both cases the clients told me they would make it good if the person didn't pay.

As for walking from bad business, I don't have a crystal ball. How would I know it's bad business from the start? There's been many that I had in my mind that they might be bad and have been on the books for years. There's been others that I thought were a slam dunk and never made the first payment.

If they have a why and a means to have it drafted then I'm writing it.

What is the difference?

If I gave you $900 today and three months from now I said give me $600 of it back...how is that worse than just giving you $100 per month for three months?

And by worse I mean so bad that you are advising us to not take the money at all.

This is where I think your out of touch with the reality of new agents. Even if they spend the money on leads bottom line is its spent.

They need the money to keep the lead glow which you and everyone else peach is vital to survive in fe.

This is where I think your out of touch with the reality of new agents. Even if they spend the money on leads bottom line is its spent.

They need the money to keep the lead glow which you and everyone else peach is vital to survive in fe.

If you can't lay out the cash for 4-6 weeks worth of leads to start your business then you have no business starting.

This is where I think your out of touch with the reality of new agents. Even if they spend the money on leads bottom line is its spent. They need the money to keep the lead glow which you and everyone else peach is vital to survive in fe.

Then they aren't broke. They are financially immature. In that example they are walking away from $300 they could have kept because they are not able to maintain a reserve for chargebacks.

I can see being too broke to pay a chargeback. But never saying, hey I'd rather not make the money at all because I can't prevent myself from spending it.

Rather than walk away from the case altogether right the case and put that commission back for a rainy day. For the chargeback that you think this case is going to generate. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Well Ill give my 2 cents and thats what its worth so dont cry. I wont write a direct bill. There I said it, my presentation is designed to find out how they are paid, by who and when all within the first 3 minutes of talking to them. If they dont have a checking / savings account or DE card Im outta there. I just dont trust them. No go ahead and crucify me for being me LOL

Well Ill give my 2 cents and thats what its worth so dont cry. I wont write a direct bill. There I said it, my presentation is designed to find out how they are paid, by who and when all within the first 3 minutes of talking to them. If they dont have a checking / savings account or DE card Im outta there. I just dont trust them. No go ahead and crucify me for being me LOL
Makes sense to me. Nobody is going to crucify you. Whatcha drinking tonight by the way?

:chatterbox:

Since you have already spent the cash to get the lead----and gotten there and spent the time with them----sign them up and when you send in the app ask them to set it up for As Earned Commissions

If they stay on, you earn. If not no big---you do a coin toss

Work areas with fewer deadbeats

Could I ask them to do as earned even if I asked for advanced already in the contract?

Latest posts

Back