• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Direct Billing Question

I'll take a direct bill if they can pay the first payment TODAY, as that tells me they have enough sense to manage their money and put enough aside to know what they can and what they cannot afford.

Good direct bill prospects always show signs of being a good direct bill prospect; they will try to sell you on why they should be billed versus electronically drafted, much more than those who are true deadbeats.

Well Ill give my 2 cents and thats what its worth so dont cry. I wont write a direct bill. There I said it, my presentation is designed to find out how they are paid, by who and when all within the first 3 minutes of talking to them. If they dont have a checking / savings account or DE card Im outta there. I just dont trust them. No go ahead and crucify me for being me LOL

How is that presentation done? Because I want to know sooner if they have a checking/savings acct or DE.

I've been able to talk people into allowing draft after they told me direct bill only. But some eggs I just can't crack. I already have an appointment to see someone in August for their money order because they have other financial obligations in July preventing them to start then. :nah:

How is that presentation done? Because I want to know sooner if they have a checking/savings acct or DE.

If you don't have a system of finding this information out then you should get your up line to teach you how they do it.

I know in the first 10 minutes what form of payment they use and in most cases what bank.

----------

I ran across three leads for direct mailing that told me they don't have bank accounts so I had to write for direct billing.

If they don't have the money to go and get a money order with you right then and there or are making up some excuse, walk away or get a charge back.

I have written a few up with Gerber without collecting a payment and none paid when Gerber sent the bill. At least, you do have this option if you chose!

I ran across three leads for direct mailing that told me they don't have bank accounts so I had to write for direct billing. I am a bit worried they won't send it in. Would you have the bills mailed to you or would there be a way to follow up to make sure they send the money order in?

Not really recommending this but if your thinking of collecting you might want to look to carrier that has a debit book option there have been some threads about them.

Latest posts

Back