Direct Mail Marketing

Frank -- I'll have to look-up the exact counties in MO the mailer went to. Will let you know in a PM. I don't want people to think I'm spamming on here.

atlantainsguy

You are one of the last agents on here that anyone would accuse of spamming. At least I never would.

I was only kidding when I asked where you are sending them. What I am doing is working very well for me. I really do appreciate your willingness to share the information though.

Carroll got .6% on a Med Supp mailing, which is extremely low. There are mailers out there that would have easily given her over 30 leads. Unfortunately, she talked to the wrong people. It's experiences like this that give direct mail leads a bad reputation. Fortunately, it doesn't have to be that way.

I think part of the low return was that I mailed them too close to the city. Rural areas I'm sure would have been better. Not sure if I will try those cards again....I like Franks way of cold calling. Oh, and I'm a he not a she....I just have a crappy middle name....trying being a guy growing up in the 70's with carroll for a middle name! LOL!!

I get between 5-6% response...not at first but we (our office) learned the cards that get the best reponse. For instance, I've received 73 cards thus far out of a 1600 piece mailer and they are still coming in. this is our 3rd time doing these mailers and have had good success

I get between 5-6% response...not at first but we (our office) learned the cards that get the best reponse. For instance, I've received 73 cards thus far out of a 1600 piece mailer and they are still coming in. this is our 3rd time doing these mailers and have had good success

What market are you targeting? Which products?

the idea of spending money to mail out a marketing piece and THEN cold call the non-responders doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Just buy the list and call the folks. You can bet that somebody has sent them some kind of mail piece in the recent past, so it doesn't really matter. Why waste your money on the mailing if you're gonna call them anyway? You can buy a whole lot more names for the $400 you will spend on mailing.

Plus, it just flies in the face of direct marketing anyway.

I agree! 99% of the people I've contacted didn't remember sending in the return cards so why not tell everybody on your list you received a card from them? I guess that would be dishonest but what if you told them they had recently requested information? 99% of them i bet have requested info from some company! Anyhow, thats the route i'm going.

I'd have to disagree. When I used a card that said, "medicare changes for 2010, check this box to get the updates"....they seem to never remember filling the card out. Most the people I talk to remember with a better card

I guess that would be dishonest but what if you told them they had recently requested information? 99% of them i bet have requested info from some company! Anyhow, thats the route i'm going.

Nice integrity.

Nothing like starting a relationship off with dishonesty. You must be awfully desperate...

The good news is that people that resort to this kind of thing are generally out of the business in pretty short order. Thankfully.

Back