DM Leads - Appointment Setting Woes

cash50

Hey guys,

longtime lurker here in Missouri. I did a lot of research here, and elsewhere, about final expense leads. I pulled the trigger with Lead Connections on the pay-per-lead program.

First call, the guy says "I thought this was something free."

Okay, I lost him. How do I avoid this? I want a good sale, but I don't want to blow $29/lead either. Any advice?

Hey guys,

longtime lurker here in Missouri. I did a lot of research here, and elsewhere, about final expense leads. I pulled the trigger with Lead Connections on the pay-per-lead program.

Okay, I lost him. How do I avoid this? I want a good sale, but I don't want to blow $29/lead either. Any advice?

Why was he seeing dollar signs? Did you go into insurance on your initial phone call?:err:

Door knock before you ever get into appointment setting. You're also not trying to make a sale during the appointment set you're just trying to confirm a living and breathing person will be there when you want them to be.

I was making sure that his wife would be there, confirming ages and tobacco use, and I asked him about his budget.

The mailer was the E-64 mailer.

I was making sure that his wife would be there, confirming ages and tobacco use, and I asked him about his budget.

I would never ask about tobacco use or budget on the phone.

Are you with an IMO that can train you in the art of appointment setting?

If so, take advantage of that training. If not, find one.

Cash,

First thing, dig up any of Duggar's appointment setting training (JDEasy - the guy who responded to you earlier).

FEX Contracting probably has a recording of him teaching how to appointment. Most likely Scott (Newby) will post the interview (he should anyway - izz guuhd stuuuhf).

Here's an interview I did with an agent of mine in Chicago named Cesar. He does a great job on the phone, and explains word-for-word how he does it.

https://youtu.be/ONZswmErULw

I would never ask about tobacco use or budget on the phone.

Are you with an IMO that can train you in the art of appointment setting?

If so, take advantage of that training. If not, find one.

What he said.

If you start qualify on the phone your going to have problems. If you need a phone script jus drop me an email and I'll send you mine.

What's the point in pre-qualifying before meeting? If you have a good carrier lineup you can cover virtually anyone...even if you have to go guaranteed issue. Discussing budget is also dangerous prior to the actual appointment because you haven't built any value yet. The "FREE" insurance is the $255 Uncle Sam gives the family. Ironically you get what you pay for lol!

Hey guys,

You must have missed all of appointment setting and door knocking threads during your longtime lurking. You can do a search and find several.

Hey guys,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back