Do Any Of You Charge A Fee To Running Drug Plans Multiple Times For A Clientt?

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I have a client that is asking to run a plan for the third time. He takes 11 drugs, and keeps wanting comparison, and changing one drug to see different scenarios.

This is very time consuming. As it is I probably wont be able to contact all my customers this year. I am thinking about telling him he will have to pay a "service charge" of some type is he wants me to do this again.

Have any of y'all done this before? If so, how do you word it, or bring it up? This has always been a free service to my customers, but some of the people are turning into real time vampires.

I have a client that is asking to run a plan for the third time. He takes 11 drugs, and keeps wanting comparison, and changing one drug to see different scenarios.

This is very time consuming. As it is I probably wont be able to contact all my customers this year. I am thinking about telling him he will have to pay a "service charge" of some type is he wants me to do this again.

Have any of y'all done this before? If so, how do you word it, or bring it up? This has always been a free service to my customers, but some of the people are turning into real time vampires.

I tell them that their will be a nominal PIA fee for the service. just kidding

No won't do it

I do tell them if they call a second time, That the Govt site does not allow saving ids anymore and we have to rerun meds if you want the hows and whys and why not this plan a second time

Not may call for a 3rd that I have done this with and most are very happy

If its a 3rd time I tell them this will be the last this year so you may want to write it down

4th time I don't know what to tell you you can go to medicare dot I can't guarantee good results but you can have them rerun 1000 times if you like

I only had to say that to one person

I've done over 100 PDP plans this year, Especially since Silver Script went so downhill

Also, I am not afraid to tell someone I don't get paid much for the PDP plan but l;like to help clients

That I run against every plan and the one with the lowest out of pocket with current pharmacies is the one I suggest

That take it or leave it

I am used to it as some will start with Send me all that all the documents the summary of t several plans yada yada at least 3 or 4 times a years

I refuse to make PDP that complicated and I will tell them that if that is necessary call Med.gov they hire a ton of people with limited training for this time of year will do those kinds of things I will not for $20 a year, but I have experience take it or leave it

No won't do it

I do tell them if they call a second time, That the Govt site does not allow saving ids anymore and we have to rerun meds if you want the hows and whys and why not this plan a second time

Not may call for a 3rd that I have done this with and most are very happy

If its a 3rd time I tell them this will be the last this year so you may want to write it down

4th time I don't know what to tell you you can go to medicare dot I can't guarantee good results but you can have them rerun 1000 times if you like

I only had to say that to one person

I've done over 100 PDP plans this year, Especially since Silver Script went so downhill

Also, I am not afraid to tell someone I don't get paid much for the PDP plan but l;like to help clients

That I run against every plan and the one with the lowest out of pocket with current pharmacies is the one I suggest

That take it or leave it

I am used to it as some will start with Send me all that all the documents the summary of t several plans yada yada at least 3 or 4 times a years
I refuse to make PDP that complicated and I will tell them that if that is necessary call Med.gov they hire a ton of people with limited training for this time of year will do those kinds of things I will not for $20 a year, but I have experience take it or leave it

You tell the customer its their last year with you if they ask a 3rd time?

No, I tell them I will not be able to run their meds again this year please write it down

I have only had to say this to 6 people between this year and last, none of them has had an issue

Listen I say it right though I don't say it like an *ick

I do explain that I work hard for all my client and I have other clients That do take my time to get them the best results and That this is the lowest out of pocket premium-deductible copay and I do show the current plan and the next ones over

I am very detailed but I do explain I cannot keep going over multiple times

Most really do get it and prefer me to others, I often hear no one else has ever explained nearly as well as you

If one goes away it is probably better off but hasn't lost one yet due to this year or last

Just as a side note though I haven't pulled leads in FL NY or CA since 2015 or earlier, Though I still get referrals in these states

Especially FL and CA , because these were the most time-consuming clients anywhere Just nonsense stuff

In Fl I used to hear on follow call went to this seminar and that seminar and would have to re-go over everything discussed and why not this or that and why this

Won't do it anymore

don't need too

Honestly, and this is my opinion only, I rarely get service calls on MS plans. So if they want me to run it a second time, I'm okay with calling it service.

However, I tell them straight up based on their pharmacy I give them the lowest estimated total out of pocket costs for their drugs and premium.

If they want me to go above and beyond what is reasonable to me, I send them the link to the plan finder and tell them to take a look and if they have questions about a specific plan to let me know.

My job is to help educate. The $41 dollar renewal is worth 45 minutes of my time. However, depending on how I'm getting compensated otherwise I may spend more time with them.

Pita clients (which I haven't ran into more than 2 so far) I dont push to write to start with.

But to be fair, I think I have the benefit of telling people no when I don't want to deal with things.

Last edited:

Caveat, not an agent.

Tell the client:
a) you will do only one more lookup this year. that is it because you have to help a lot of other customers just like him.
b) after AEP when you have the time, you will show him how to do lookups on Medicare.gov.
c) in future years you will only do one lookup for him. If he wants more, he will have to do them himself and tell you the plan he wants.

That is the gist of what my agent told me he did with a client like yours.
(That was before covid and was with a rural community client local to the agent. Maybe that is not practical now, I don't know.)

It came up because I was talking with him about all the lookups I was doing and I think he wanted to be sure I knew he was not going to do a bunch of lookups for me. (I have NEVER asked an agent to do ANY drug lookups for me.)

Caveat, not an agent.

Tell the client:
a) you will do only one more lookup this year. that is it because you have to help a lot of other customers just like him.
b) after AEP when you have the time, you will show him how to do lookups on Medicare.gov.
c) in future years you will only do one lookup for him. If he wants more, he will have to do them himself and tell you the plan he wants.

That is the gist of what my agent told me he did with a client like yours.
(That was before covid and was with a rural community client local to the agent. Maybe that is not practical now, I don't know.)

It came up because I was talking with him about all the lookups I was doing and I think he wanted to be sure I knew he was not going to do a bunch of lookups for me. (I have NEVER asked an agent to do ANY drug lookups for me.)

Yes I started last year due to medicare eliminating the list number and date look up

Back