Do Any Of You Charge A Fee To Running Drug Plans Multiple Times For A Clientt?

I always looked at MA and PDP's as a gate way to additional sales. If your client can create a path way to additional funds, do what you have to do obtain additional business.

If no additional business is to be had, your back to the 80/20 rule. Your running a business and need to make a call based on good solid business practices. Now if its a one off, then do it an move on... if this a yearly thing, fire the client.

I have a client that is asking to run a plan for the third time. He takes 11 drugs, and keeps wanting comparison, and changing one drug to see different scenarios.

This is very time consuming. As it is I probably wont be able to contact all my customers this year. I am thinking about telling him he will have to pay a "service charge" of some type is he wants me to do this again.

Have any of y'all done this before? If so, how do you word it, or bring it up? This has always been a free service to my customers, but some of the people are turning into real time vampires.

There are software tools available to agents for PDP and MAPD search/comparison that will save the prescription drug lists, and you can check/uncheck drugs without deleting them from the list. If you're still using medicare dot gov to look up plans, without the ability to save the lists, you're not up to speed!

For your client, I'd get him changed to a new plan, early in the AEP season, and just schedule a follow comparison for early Dec (set a date and time). Tell him to have his edits ready, for one last comparison. Unless he is referring people to you, then he cant be front of the line all of AEP... IMO

I will run your drug lists for you LD, but only on October 1st, as that is the most accurate info, with early enrollment pdp discounts. Just for you and only you.

FWIW, charging a fee under any medicare plan is illegal. So, is offering pdp discounts to early shoppers.

There are software tools available to agents for PDP and MAPD search/comparison that will save the prescription drug lists, and you can check/uncheck drugs without deleting them from the list. If you're still using medicare dot gov to look up plans, without the ability to save the lists, you're not up to speed!

For your client, I'd get him changed to a new plan, early in the AEP season, and just schedule a follow comparison for early Dec (set a date and time). Tell him to have his edits ready, for one last comparison. Unless he is referring people to you, then he cant be front of the line all of AEP... IMO
What is this software you are referring to?

One lady is a real PITA. Would have fired her long ago but she is a referral from a very good (and very sick) client.

Couple of months ago she blasted me because the PDP plan I "sold" her was crap. A doc visit generated the need for 2 tier 3 drugs. She got slammed because both were subject to the deductible. Said her discount plan had better copay's than the PDP.

So, what's the problem?

She wanted a "better" plan for next year that would cover those drugs.

So I ran a report and suggested a brand new plan with no deductible and a $47 premium. Her current premium is $14.

She said that wasn't good enough and wanted me to show her ALL the plans and let her pick

I told her to call 800 MEDICARE.

She was not pleased, but at least I haven't heard any more from her.

Yes I started last year due to medicare eliminating the list number and date look up

Just curious Vic why don’t you use connecture which saves all the drugs ? I’ve been using it and the apps are so easy . It’s awesome for telesales . So yr in and yr out you have their meds saved

Just curious Vic why don’t you use connecture which saves all the drugs ? I’ve been using it and the apps are so easy . It’s awesome for telesales . So yr in and yr out you have their meds saved
I just googled connecture. Never heard of it before. Looks interesting.
Do you know what the cost is?

It’s free threw my Imo . Matter of fact I believe they ran med.gov software for yrs according to Gordon and several imos bought them last yr . It’s incredible software for mapd . It cuts from start to finish down by 20 mins . I’m very happy with my Imo and won’t leave . I don’t think individuals can subscribe on their own and get Connecture . I might be wrong

Last edited:
I just googled connecture. Never heard of it before. Looks interesting.
Do you know what the cost is?

Caveat, not an agent.

There was a thread recently about that one.

From postings I have seen, I believe any AIM affiliated FMO will have a software of that type. Can't remember if it is connecture.

The first year some FMO's started offering this type of service, I believe you had to have all your PDP contracts under one FMO to be able to use the software effectively. Don't know if this is still the case.

Back