Does Anyone.. Have Any Experience with Advocate Health LLC

I know this is an old post but I'm hoping to get some help. I am a new agent (less than 1 year in the senior markets). I contracted with Advocate based on my conversation with the local territory manager and my research into the company. I will admit that I was given a few perks. They included free biz cards (1st batch), placement in a Walmart MarketPlace for AEP (this was due to the previous agent dropping out and no other agent wanting the assignment) and 10 leads for AEP. I am no issue with the amount of help they have given. I understand more experienced producers are going to receive more perks, and I accept that. My issue is I now have the opportunity to contract with another FMO who can and will provide more services to newer agents and is local to my area (Advocate is about 120 miles from me). Advocate is now telling me that I may have to wait 6 months for release. This after I found out they terminated employment of the territory manager I contracted under and did not notify me of the termination or give me ANY contact info for field support. I feel where they may have the contractual ability to do this, ethically this is sad. I have been in sales for 13 years and have always had a good working relationship with all my former partners. It's sad that a company that prides itself on honesty and integrity would not allow a new agent who essentially has reimbursed any out of pocket expenses the company has incurred through enrollments, cannot be released in a timely manner. Any suggestions on how to get released sooner would be greatly appreciated.

You're not going to get released sooner. The best thing you can do is contract with some companies that you don't already have through Advocate.

The 6 month rules comes into play and is counted from the last time you wrote business with that particular company. If you have never written business with a certain company, then it is 6 months from the day you contracted.

A little hint on Humana if you have them. You should go ahead and submit your new contract to Humana along with a letter saying that you want to transfer. Your new upline should have some sort of letter on that. You need to do this or you will just delay when the 6 months start with them.

I am sadly in the same both, not having done any business with them and now unable to get a release as is required by new employer. I had nothing about good things to say about them until now. I would not recommend Advocate Health LLC to any agent.

My situation is....I contracted through Advocate/Humana last year 2019, as a field agent. I haven’t sold anything since November 2019. I contacted Advocate for a release letter, I was told that I can not get a letter because of their blackout. This year I am working as a telesales rep through a different Agency that contracts with Humana. Can I do this without the release letter since I have not sold anything for almost a year with Advocate Health? Please advise.

My situation is....I contracted through Advocate/Humana last year 2019, as a field agent. I haven’t sold anything since November 2019. I contacted Advocate for a release letter, I was told that I can not get a letter because of their blackout. This year I am working as a telesales rep through a different Agency that contracts with Humana. Can I do this without the release letter since I have not sold anything for almost a year with Advocate Health? Please advise.

Each carrier has its OWN release policy. The 6-month rule is an "old wive's tale". I used to have an e-mail that listed each carrier's release rules. I'll try to find it an post it on here.

The blackout period for UHC started on 9/1/20. The blackout period for most all others is 10/1/20...including Humana. So, they're lying to you right there. Just send in a new contract with the letter.

See the attachment and replace "NSGA-AMBR" with your new upline's name.

Attachments

• Transferring your Humana Appointment.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 9
I was actually considering joining Advocate Health today. The compensation and flexibility looks great.

Ask them about their release policy and have them put it in writing and verify that the book that you write belongs to you. Any comp needs to be paid by the carrier, not through them.

Back