Does It Pay to Use Yellow Pages to Advertise

Ok, I can clearly see from the responses that a yellowpage ad will not be worth it. Do any of you guys know of a company that can design me a website and do a ppc campaign for my local market? Also, if you were selling health insurance face-to-face, which type of lead do you think will have a higher closing ratio? internet of telemarketed?

Ok, I can clearly see from the responses that a yellowpage ad will not be worth it. Do any of you guys know of a company that can design me a website and do a ppc campaign for my local market? Also, if you were selling health insurance face-to-face, which type of lead do you think will have a higher closing ratio? internet of telemarketed?

Go to yellowpages.com right now and list your business under their free local ad listing. No cost and will take you about 5 to 10 minutes.

After that I'd probably run a combo of the leads. No one lead system works all the time. I've found a little of each tends to work best. Telemarketed leads seem to work best if acted on immediately. Otherwise they tend to have the life expectancy of a fruit fly. Internet leads can be great. Usually a shopper looking for the best deal. Although they can be hard to reach by phone to set up a face to face. I've also done direct mail leads in the past which seemed to have a longer shelf life.

Go to yellowpages.com right now and list your business under their free local ad listing. No cost and will take you about 5 to 10 minutes.

After that I'd probably run a combo of the leads. No one lead system works all the time. I've found a little of each tends to work best. Telemarketed leads seem to work best if acted on immediately. Otherwise they tend to have the life expectancy of a fruit fly. Internet leads can be great. Usually a shopper looking for the best deal. Although they can be hard to reach by phone to set up a face to face. I've also done direct mail leads in the past which seemed to have a longer shelf life.

I tried doing that and 3 months later my free listing was still "pending". I'm assuming they don't want to give anything away for free. Did yours actually work??

Ok, I can clearly see from the responses that a yellowpage ad will not be worth it. Do any of you guys know of a company that can design me a website and do a ppc campaign for my local market?

We use a company that can do exactly this for you, and they have done a great job for us. We have a cost per lead number that needs to be met (or least very close) and they create all the PPC campaigns with keywords, ad copy, etc. to meet that need. We have ads running in Google, Yahoo and Bing. Give them a call or check out their site at web1marketing.com. Very sharp group.

Is there a reason why you are not sharing that with us?

Is this something you are selling?

Or is it because, due to the ammunition shortage, you don't have 9,000 rounds of ammo to shoot us all after you tell us? :D

He is probably not a good enough shot.

Yellow page advertisements = complete waste of money. May have some value as far as brand recognition goes but other then that, count on 1-2 leads per year.

The traditional yellow pages were a big money loser for me. I paid about $1,000 a month a couple of years back and wrote only a handful of cases all year.

Their prices are based on supply and demand and not performance. There are still a lot of people who believe that the yellow pages are still the place to be. This keeps the demand up and the prices up. However, performance is down and will probably stay there.

The IYP - Internet Yellow Pages, can be helpful. Most, if not all, allow you to include a free listing. These include Yellowpages.com, superpages.com, yelp.com to name a few.

I have an ad that has been in there for ages (even has the old BC CA logo, oooops). I think I have had about 10 calls from it over the years. A couple of them did not speak English.

Save your money and build a web site. The people who call from the yellow pages also usually use pay phones :twitchy:

Of course, others may have had a better experience.

My numbers:

YP Ad - $44 per month 1-2 leads per year (tire kickers)
My site - $7 per month, 1-2 buyers per day at least

My ROI is much much better from my web site than even a full-page add in the yellow pages could provide.

that's awesome...actually the best ratio I think I have ever heard of...unless you are referring to buyer/people that called or buyer/people that made a purchase...2 sales per day. could you clear this up please

thanks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

suggest first to read guerrila marketiing. Mojo for dialers - legal emphasis, use proven exclusive telemarket leads, purchase internet leads from day 1 providers, flyers for sundays in the food advertisements for seniors, make 100 small B2B calls yourself 3 days a week AND FOR SURE sell multiple products with multiple carriers as an Indy. websites are another great tool, but not to put all your eggs into.

Last edited:
Back