DOI Investigation

I understand you target Med supp so you are naturally going to enroll a higher percentage of your prospects in a Med supp but I was wondering of your prospects who want to know about both MA and med supp what percentage of your prospects do you end up enrolling in MA on Medicare.gov after you give them a medicare health plan options presentation.Seems like it would be hard to remain unbiased if your not going to get paid if you recommend the MA option . I always try to be unbiased as possible when presenting all Medicare Health Plans options but for those prospects who are on the fence and both options are suitable sometimes its hard to resist the urge to steer them to the 400.00 commission product - especially for the T65 prospects who sometimes will ask me " well which plan do YOU think i should go with ?" Of course the 12 month trial period kind of gives them a mulligan anyway. That's good for your prospects that you are willing to enroll them in a MA plan on Medicare.gov if it best suits their needs but it double sucks for you since you get no commission and youl ose the PTC . For CYA reasons I would fully disclose to the prospect the benefit they lose by not having an AOR because if they have issues with the plan down the road and only then realize they don't have an AOR with a vested interest in their satisfaction of the plan or someone to legally hold accountable for suitability issues then there could be a problem for you.

I do get paid on MA plans. But occasionally I have people that I just don't want as a customer at all. Like a deaf guy who's 1st conversation started out with I have to pay his interpreter or I will get sued. Nope. Sorry, but I just help those people enroll. They aren't going to be my customer.

I never want to be the agent on any RX plan. But I help them all.

But any agent who wants to sell Med Sup only doesn't need to turn MAs to another agent. He can help them all. Probably better than we can because he's not so restricted.

That's the point I was making.

You'll never get anyone to admit it on a public forum but I'll bet that better than 70% of MA agents don't follow the 48 hour cool down/ cross selling rule when there is no other agent involved.:D

I do get paid on MA plans. But occasionally I have people that I just don't want as a customer at all. Like a deaf guy who's 1st conversation started out with I have to pay his interpreter or I will get sued. Nope. Sorry, but I just help those people enroll. They aren't going to be my customer. I never want to be the agent on any RX plan. But I help them all. But any agent who wants to sell Med Sup only doesn't need to turn MAs to another agent. He can help them all. Probably better than we can because he's not so restricted. That's the point I was making.

Just curious. If you are certified and have their supp in your book of business, why not write the pdp?

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Just curious. If you are certified and have their supp in your book of business, why not write the pdp?

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Not speaking for other agents, but for me its because the money is not worth the time involved being certified for every PDP plan. Put the client on the best plan for them. Meet with them every AEP to review the drug plan. Much easier than the hassle of PDP certification.

Not speaking for other agents, but for me its because the money is not worth the time involved being certified for every PDP plan. Put the client on the best plan for them. Meet with them every AEP to review the drug plan. Much easier than the hassle of PDP certification.

Why not just sell one MADP plan?? Humana's Walmart plan is competitive and your customer will be happy.

Cert is only an online test with them and no class time if you do not sell base MA plans.

Just curious. If you are certified and have their supp in your book of business, why not write the pdp? Sent from my iPad using InsForums

PDP plans have the most complaints and pay very little. I'm not doing a scope and waiting 48-hours for something like that.

Even when I have a scope and everything is compliant, I don't want to be the agent on any PDP plans.

Oh, I agree. I only certify with the ones I sell the mapd for (Humana, UHC, etc.) - but if one of those carriers is a good option for them I'll write it.

If the carrier just offers pdp... I'll pass.

Well... I take that back. Probably no more pdp for Humana since we can't mail apps. So, unless I already need to see them its not worth the $.

Maybe after 10 years I'll be in a position to just skip pdp all together...but for now I'll take the comp.

Oh, I agree. I only certify with the ones I sell the mapd for (Humana, UHC, etc.) - but if one of those carriers is a good option for them I'll write it. If the carrier just offers pdp... I'll pass. Well... I take that back. Probably no more pdp for Humana since we can't mail apps. So, unless I already need to see them its not worth the $. Maybe after 10 years I'll be in a position to just skip pdp all together...but for now I'll take the comp.

I have not yet done Humana's certification. Is the restriction on mailed in apps a new one? I don't remember it from previous year's certifications.

PDP plans have the most complaints and pay very little. I'm not doing a scope and waiting 48-hours for something like that.

Even when I have a scope and everything is compliant, I don't want to be the agent on any PDP plans.

Right there with ya!

Last year, very few of my clients went with Humana/Walmart. The winner last year was Wellcare. The year before it was Silver Script. Before that it was RX America. Any guesses on this years "loss leader" plan?

I believe every agent views helping consumers with their PDP as a necessary evil if you want to be seen as a one stop shop to your client. PDP is so entwined with med supp during the shopping process for medicare health plans for the typical T65 consumer that it's almost always expected as part of the presentation when agents are invited to have an in- home sit down with a T65 prospect .In my many hundreds of T65 prospects in home sit downs I have had since 2005 and I can't remember any instances where the T65 prospect didn't want to learn about part D. Obviously it's not practical to be appointed with every part D carrier but if you are appointed with just a few i.e UHC, Humana, Siverscript and Wellcare I would say 90 % of the time ( in Florida anyway ) 1 of those plans will always be near the top.If it's even close the client usually tell me they would rather have the plan I am appointed with so I can be their AOR and be able to offer support rather than go with the absolute lowest total cost plan by maybe couple hundred bucks and forgo the support and accountability they get having an AOR .I find that the consumers that don't realize the value they get at no extra cost in having an agent that is accountable for suitability issues and who is paid renewals which creates incentive for agent to get issues resolved are the ones who will enroll online or through telesales .That's why I am surprised that so many agents out there are able to get in homes and arrange it so their clients have an AOR for their med supp but not one for their PDP especially considering that med supps are basically *** proof for consumer to utilize and there is virtually no service work after the sale.

Back