DOI Investigation

I have not yet done Humana's certification. Is the restriction on mailed in apps a new one? I don't remember it from previous year's certifications.

Don't think it's new. Pretty sure Humana has required f2f for a while. I could be wrong. Haven't certified yet either... I think someone in their sales support told me that a few years back.

Anyone else know the answer?

Don't think it's new. Pretty sure Humana has required f2f for a while. I could be wrong. Haven't certified yet either... I think someone in their sales support told me that a few years back.

Anyone else know the answer?

Hard to believe since they have an online enrollment portal that emails a link to the prospect for his/her e-signature.

Rick

Hard to believe since they have an online enrollment portal that emails a link to the prospect for his/her e-signature.

Rick

This above is the right answer
There would be no need for ecig if you could only sell face to face
Its like having a CC machine in a store that does not take CC

I have found opposite answers from Humana on many subjects

However when I worked for an agency selling Ins over the phone
when They got into Medicare over the phone

it was Humana that sent reps that trained us to sell over the phone in many states

As an independent I have sold humane in at least 5 states
Including FL and CA through Esig

I do however make sure I send all documents for clients records
and all disclaimers

Rick

Agreed.

Also hard to believe that when someone confirms an appointment that we have to send them a document for them to initial confirming an appointment.... yet it's true.

E-sig was the exact point I made to them. Was told that f2f was still required.

Maybe I should call them today for clarification...

Hard to believe since they have an online enrollment portal that emails a link to the prospect for his/her e-signature. Rick

I've been told by the Atlanta manager that f2f is required on a paper app. Said you are unable to mail the app to the client and still get commission. Agent services told me the same thing.

I've also been told by the same people that the online app is to be done in the presence of the beneficiary.

Humana is by far the hardest carrier with which to do business.

I've been told by the Atlanta manager that f2f is required on a paper app. Said you are unable to mail the app to the client and still get commission. Agent services told me the same thing. I've also been told by the same people that the online app is to be done in the presence of the beneficiary. Humana is by far the hardest carrier with which to do business.

and yet, Humana allows bozo companies such as Tru-Bridge to market exclusively via mail leads and telephone enrollments. What a bunch of hypocrites.

----------

You can enroll MA the same as RX on Medicare.gov just like you do RXs. You can be a full service agent for clients even if you don't want to the "official " agent. I jump through the hoops to sell MA every year but certain people I don't want as my actual customers anyway. I don't turn any of them away from help but some of them I don't want to be their agent. Especially on something as anti-agent as MA plans. So yes, a Med Sup agent can do a good job for everyone he meets with.

Just want to chime in here and respectfully suggest to those of you who actually believe that it is somehow perfectly acceptable with CMS and the carriers to make a presentation without an SOA just because you are not receiving commissions may be in for a rude awakening. Further, the fact that you are not agent of record on any PDP plan purchased based on your advice and counsel, or lack thereof, will not save you from a CMS investigation, or a DOI investigation, or even from being the subject of a lawsuit. If you help them enroll or if you merely suggest to them that they take one plan over another, you are the agent who assisted them in enrolling so who do you think they are going to blame when something goes wrong? So for those people who are too cranky to be your client, best advice is just to walk away and do not offer any assistance at all because otherwise, if you offer any assistance whatsoever, you are their agent, like it or not.

Just want to chime in here and respectfully suggest to those of you who actually believe that it is somehow perfectly acceptable with CMS and the carriers to make a presentation without an SOA just because you are not receiving commissions may be in for a rude awakening. Further, the fact that you are not agent of record on any PDP plan purchased based on your advice and counsel, or lack thereof, will not save you from a CMS investigation, or a DOI investigation, or even from being the subject of a lawsuit. If you help them enroll or if you merely suggest to them that they take one plan over another, you are the agent who assisted them in enrolling so who do you think they are going to blame when something goes wrong? So for those people who are too cranky to be your client, best advice is just to walk away and do not offer any assistance at all because otherwise, if you offer any assistance whatsoever, you are their agent, like it or not.

Greeting everyone... I've been "Lonk"ing around this site for awhile without posting. Was tempted to drop in on the "cataracts not covered", but, started to feel sorry for the heat Bob was getting and decided sman pretty well covered the obvious. :1baffled:

jbage007's points above are especially true for the agent whom enrolls via the CMS website. I've made this point before.

I'll run their drugs and give them a CMS printout. I'll show them the carriers 800 numbers and explain that I'm not their agent, but, am offering them a value added service that very few agents provide. I'll explain that if one of these plans look good, then simply need to call their 800 number. If I have a scope signed and I represent their choice -- I'll present & enroll them. Otherwise they will need to call one of the plans that they think looks the best and I'll tell them to re-verify their meds with the carrier of their choice. The carrier is then responsible and you didn't do any enrolling or presenting. If they ask me questions about the CMS printout I'll answer them.

My Humana home office regional manager told me that f2f is not required on a paper app through the mail. As long as I send them a copy of the flip chart. And I didn't see any new rule changes during my re-certification with Humana.

Now that I'm back -- go ahead and hammer me! :D:D:D

My Humana home office regional manager told me that f2f is not required on a paper app through the mail. As long as I send them a copy of the flip chart. And I didn't see any new rule changes during my re-certification with Humana.

Now that I'm back -- go ahead and hammer me! :D:D:D

I won't hammer you, but do you have it in writing? Because I can only go by what I've been told by multiple Humana reps (including the market manager here in Atlanta). And since I don't have it in writing from Humana, there is no way I'm risking it. Thankfully Aetna/Coventry has added one of the major hospitals here to their network and will now give Humana some serious competition.

I had the same question for UHC regarding mailing apps and sent their compliance department an email asking specifically about it. I received a response that said, while not ideal, they will allow it if you still go through a compliant presentation (review). So now I will do that when warranted. Most every other carrier I deal with will allow it (WellCare is one that comes to mind who doesn't allow it).

If you're enrolling people in Humana via mail, more power to you. But I'm not sure "my home office regional manager said I could" is the best defense.

Back