Door Knocking Challenges

okay so I finally overcame my fear of door knocking and have been doing it a lot more here lately.

To my surprise about half the people are opening their doors.

The challenge I’m having is that people are claiming they don’t know their spouses schedules, to call back (well they never answer phones so calling would be useless), and all sorts of excuses.

Granted 2 people have been literally in their cars about to leave.

But other than that I’m trying to figure out the best way to get them to agree to listen to the presentation on the info they asked for but more importantly to do it Now or within 24 hours.

If they do agree they want to do it next week or days later.

Hmm. Interesting question.

Honestly it takes me about an hour to hour and a half to build rapport, find a need, get their health and current insurance info, formulate a quote, answer their questions, then fill out an app.

Maybe once I’ve done this a few times I be quicker.

So when I set phone appointments i tell them 10 - 15 minutes. When I door knock I say the same time estimation.

Hmm. Interesting question.

Honestly it takes me about an hour to hour and a half to build rapport, find a need, get their health and current insurance info, formulate a quote, answer their questions, then fill out an app.

Maybe once I’ve done this a few times I be quicker.

So when I set phone appointments i tell them 10 - 15 minutes. When I door knock I say the same time estimation.
Try saying something like, "I just need a few minutes to see which plan you qualify for".

A few minutes sounds much less that 10-15 minutes. :yes:

okay so I finally overcame my fear of door knocking and have been doing it a lot more here lately.

To my surprise about half the people are opening their doors.

The challenge I’m having is that people are claiming they don’t know their spouses schedules, to call back (well they never answer phones so calling would be useless), and all sorts of excuses.

Granted 2 people have been literally in their cars about to leave.

But other than that I’m trying to figure out the best way to get them to agree to listen to the presentation on the info they asked for but more importantly to do it Now or within 24 hours.

If they do agree they want to do it next week or days later.
Make sure you're being light hearted and jovial. I explain I was in the area between appts and wanted to stop by to introduce myself (offer a handshake if they seem receptive). I say "do you have just a minute so I can go over this and see if you qualify?" and most of the time they let me in. It does take just a minute to see if they qualify and if they're not able to commit to a budgeted monthly draft, I probably won't be there more than five minutes anyways. Look up David Duford's videos on door knocking and pre-qualifying. I'm just paraphrasing what he says but it works for me.

Make sure you're being light hearted and jovial. I explain I was in the area between appts and wanted to stop by to introduce myself (offer a handshake if they seem receptive).

I’ll make sure to emphasize the *im in between appointments* so they don’t get defensive thinking i just woke up and decided to pop up at their house.

I say "do you have just a minute so I can go over this and see if you qualify?" and most of the time they let me in.

I’ve been wondering about asking them questions that they can respond yes/no to (because some people would be quick to just say no to random person at their door) but seems like that works for you. Maybe the part about seeing if they qualify and telling them it only takes a minute

Latest posts

Back