Door to Door sales

I've never had the police called on me for knocking on the door, but this certain apartment complex had a no parking sign with one of those arrows that points both ways, meaning do not park on that whole row, but, the one side of the arrow was blacked out with paint, and it was right in front of one particular spot near a dumpster. The apartment manager said I could park there as long as I did not block the dumpster. Well, sure enough, cops came to see why I was parking there. When I told them I was working insurance-they said I was ok to park there because I working a legit job -and not doing something illegal.

I've never had the police called on me for knocking on the door, but this certain apartment complex had a no parking sign with one of those arrows that points both ways, meaning do not park on that whole row, but, the one side of the arrow was blacked out with paint, and it was right in front of one particular spot near a dumpster. The apartment manager said I could park there as long as I did not block the dumpster. Well, sure enough, cops came to see why I was parking there. When I told them I was working insurance-they said I was ok to park there because I working a legit job -and not doing something illegal.

Isn't it nice to be legitimate........

I knocked on a door in rural Arkansas once and had the police called on me. Apparently the woman inside the home was suffering from dementia; and called the police and told them I was claiming to be her husband who had been dead for some time. There is never a dull moment when knocking on people's door.

When I first got started in this business. I worked door to door. Back in those days, it really worked well. It was very different back then.

I've never heard of a p&c agent going door to door.

But some agents can make anything work. Some people just have the gift of talking their ways into homes.

What areas work best for D2D and how do you determine that?

thx D:goofy:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
yes, somarco, yes. I'm a debit guy. homeservice agent means debit agent. {mainly daylight hours, and it's not as much as I used to do it}

How does a debit guy determine his area to canvas? do you hit public housing? Mobile home parks? or 1200sq' homes with maybe 1 garage neighborhoods...:yes:

Last edited:

How does a debit guy determine his area to canvas? do you hit public housing? Mobile home parks? or 1200sq' homes with maybe 1 garage neighborhoods...:yes:

A friend of mine is a successful life insurance agent and he's had the most success with what he calls, "going door knocking" and yep...he hits mobile home parks and places like that. He's also had some luck with areas that have high concentrations of seniors. He's got the "good ol' country boy" facade going on as well. Works for him! Good luck.

The poorer the better. Avoid homes where you have to walk down a driveway. The longer the drive, the less likely you are to sell them.

I'm am about to start a D2D campaign. I will keep you posted as to how it goes. The reason D2D works better then other forms of advertising is that the market is saturated with mailers and phone solicitors. I will keep everyone posted on this campaign.

I'm am about to start a D2D campaign. I will keep you posted as to how it goes. The reason D2D works better then other forms of advertising is that the market is saturated with mailers and phone solicitors. I will keep everyone posted on this campaign.

Will you start a twitter account so we can follow you in real time?

Hey LosDog, have you started it yet? I'm prepping to start one as well. Curious as to how yours is working.....
Will you start a twitter account so we can follow you in real time?

I like this idea....

Last edited:
I LOVED selling door to door, It is shocking how many people keep meaning to do something about insurance. In all honesty it was semi successful. I swear every policy I would write doing this was because the person thought it was divine providence I showed up since they were thinking about insurance. I would tell them the lord works in mysterious ways and pull out he kitchen table chair for them.

Added bonus: lost tons of weight

The prospect technique ending negative: Winter

Latest posts

Back