Doorknock T65 Leads?

It's easy for people to be jerks on the phone but very hard when they have to look you in the eye.

This is a gold nugget here on the forums. In my time knocking on doors, I had the same experience.

I would mostly knock on the doors of the people I couldn't get ahold of, but sometimes the people that hung up on me (or were angry when I called) would ROLL OVER the moment they opened the door. Absolute lay down.

Well like an ***--I didn't think through how I was going to approach these.

And I didn't anticipate T65 would be so different from FE or SNP

Most of the T65 leads are

* FAR higher income than FE/SNP leads
* Still working
* HARD to get in touch with
* Several said best thing to do was email my contact info
("thats why I added my email address")
* Have been really easy to talk with ("Darn that was just last Friday! How did you get that so fast? Who do you represent? Where are you located?" )

So I am learning on the fly here. I HATE not having control and going to the door and being in charge-too many ways for them to flake out.

Will see what happens

This has turned out to be FAR more difficult than I imagined!

I am finding no one home--they are not retired yet

When they are home--they don't answer the phone (Car in the drive, lights on, wont answer the phone)

Amazingly most of them wrote in email addresses--and tried that. They either write back and say drop dead or never respond

Kinda get the feeling I should have never tried T65---but everything else I was doing was continuing to get fewer and fewer leads

Advice?

Last edited:
I feel your pain as I've had the same experiences with T65. I also sent out out T65 birthday cards several months in advance. When I call, no one picks up, they are already working with a broker, etc. I'm waiting for another mailer to hit soon for DSNPs, this time it's generic so I don't get thrown out of another home when I can't offer them a specific carrier's plan.

I'm also going to do more final expense for those 64 + and get their Medicare business, too if possible.

Recently I spoke to an agent rep for a major MA carrier and was invited to an in-person marketing training class which starts soon. They will talk about doing seminars, etc. He also suggested approaching pastors to see if I can do educational events about Extra Help/LIS.

Back