Elephant Underground Vs Hometown Leads Vs Net Quote/quotewizard

I tried hometown and they were HIDEOUS!

I emailed BOB and days later his assistants call me back,

I had signed up for the hot call transfer thing, they couldnt figure out for the life of ANYONE how to make it work right....

So bad, made them refund my money......

i find it ironic, klee responds to a few select negative posts, but not mine.....

I try to follow many posts [this is not the only Forum/Blog I follow] & respond to all, but as "pcbinsurance" pointed out, it was not on purpose. I'm glad you pointed out I missed responding as I have some very good news.

Yes, we tried to do live transfers through a 3rd party & the results were not what we'd hoped for. So, we have now "in-sourced" the live transfers & they are doing quite well per our agents, not just me saying so.

The leads were not "Hideous" but the live transfers....believe me, we got the message loud & clear. I don't know any agent that lost money on the live transfers/leads as we gave them all their money back. I know it was wasted time...& time is money.... For both of us.

If you'll please give me a call/email, I promise you a much better experience this time. We have a fairly good number of agents using our live transfer service & loving the results. I have not posted about our live transfers in quite a while as it has been in transition/Beta mode. But I'm confident you will like our live transfers.

Please give me a chance to earn your business back.

Thank you,

Bob

Last ?: Did anyone listen to last month's webinar, either live or on the replay available on "Bob's Blog" at hometownquotes.com? I'd love to hear your comments.

----------

I'm currently buying leads from Home Town Quotes.

Before I make my comment let me preface this by saying Bob Klee, I believe is an upstanding guy. I believe he does what he can to make things right.

..........Bob Klee...deleted most of this long post..............

I'm in Northern California by the way.

Anyway, I'm incredibly frustrated, and have gone from reasonable to ****** off.

I'm giving it to the end of this week. If I don't get any leads, or if the quality is still garbage, I'm moving on a getting a refund. Again.... would I recommend this company? To be determined......

I know "fla2cali" has not posted again on this issue so I will.
First, I want to thank him for sticking with me as long as he did. Folks, for some strange reason, we just could not get quality leads for homes < 10 years old in NorCal. We tweaked/worked on his account, did everything we could, & yet all the leads we could get in his area were junk/fraud leads. So I refunded him all his money & suspended his account for now.

We have also suspended this filter until we can figure out what to do. Our average return rate for our top 10 home lead buyers is less than 20% & for our top 2, less than 10%. So normally, our home leads are "gold" leads. Regardless, all we could get for this agent with the <10 year filter was lots of bad leads. I still don't have an answer as to why, but we are not giving up. I have talked & shared emails with this agent several times & I know how frustrated he is...as am I. Once we believe we have it figured out, we will give him free leads as a Beta test agent, to make sure we have it right. It still does not make sense & I've been doing this over 10 years now.

As I've said before, we are not perfect, but I reserve the right to get smarter!

Did anyone listen to last month's webinar, either live or on the replay available on "Bob's Blog" at hometownquotes.com? I'd love to hear your comments.

Bob, I was on the webinar live, it was really eye opening. I think the problem is most agents are not willing to work as hard as is required to really make these types of leads profitable. I know I'm guilty of this to a certain degree. We want everything to be as easy as a referral.

I've used your leads a few times as a captive agent, and they were perfectly acceptable (I just can't bring myself to use the word "good" when referring to internet leads) I just wasn't able to make it profitable enough because my company was so picky. Now that I'm on the independent side, I'll be signing up again to give them another try. I just have to wait for all my appointments to come through so I have enough options.

I hadn't planned to get a leads tracking system like the one on the webinar, but after watching how they used it I am giving it some serious consideration.

Bob, I was on the webinar live, it was really eye opening. I think the problem is most agents are not willing to work as hard as is required to really make these types of leads profitable. I know I'm guilty of this to a certain degree. We want everything to be as easy as a referral.

I've used your leads a few times as a captive agent, and they were perfectly acceptable (I just can't bring myself to use the word "good" when referring to internet leads) I just wasn't able to make it profitable enough because my company was so picky. Now that I'm on the independent side, I'll be signing up again to give them another try. I just have to wait for all my appointments to come through so I have enough options.

I hadn't planned to get a leads tracking system like the one on the webinar, but after watching how they used it I am giving it some serious consideration.

Thanks "Aram." Give me a call when you are ready & I can get you a 30 day free trial to Velocify if you'd like to try them out.

Also, before starting up on leads, let's talk strategy so you get off to a good start.

If I remember correctly, you were with MetLife.....I do think you'll do much better as an IA.

Let me know if I can help. You have my contact info.

Bob

***UPDATE***

So, I've decided to move on from HTQ. However, I will say this. There is no other lead company out there, that works as hard, or is as diligent as Bob Klee and HTQ to help their agents succeed. Bob goes above and beyond in trying to assist agents with all matters. I think anyone dealing with HTQ and Bob directly needs to understand that he has many many agents using his service, and spends many hours trying to get back to as many people as possible. It's not unusual to receive an email from Bob at 10pm at night.

Also, I am captive, and we just couldn't target my sweet spot well enough. If i ever move to the Indie side, I wouldn't hesitate to use HTQ again.

I'm currently buying leads from Home Town Quotes.

Before I make my comment let me preface this by saying Bob Klee, I believe is an upstanding guy. I believe he does what he can to make things right.

While he does do what he can to make things right, I felt as if I was always reaching out to him to correct issues, or follow up with issues that were suppose to be taken care of. I would always get a "oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, i'll get right on that"...That's really not that bad. I take it with a grain of salt because what other lead company would you be talking to the President about your issues. So I won't give him a hard time. Plus, there are other agents he's dealing with. I'm a very reasonable guy, almost to a fault.

I will however say that at times, you don't feel as if you have any priority at all. Now that may just be my frustration talking. But we had an issue with an Affiliate... long story short, the affiliate was the problem. Bob said they were committing fraud, I would be inclined to agree.. I've bought over 40 Plus leads, and only 1 sale. But really only one or two were actually legitimate leads. This affiliate was suppose to be taken off of my account. We talked at length about it, and the first time he said it would be taken care of. It wasn't. The 2nd time he said it would be taken care. It wasn't. The third time, well, you get it... and I had to go to him to say "ummm, Bob, you sure this affiliate is off my account?"... Bob's response... "same damn affiliate, I'm sorry, I'll get right on it"... So that is why I feel like I had no priority at all, why does it take 3 plus times to take care of something? Why am I the one going to him to double check that it's taken care of? Again, this is mostly my frustration and anger, but believe me there is no embellishment here. I believe Bob can attest to that. I will say that I had a filter on my account for homes that were 10 years or newer. My company does really well with those. It's a filter that's not used often, but that is no reason to get almost 40 bogus leads.

To Bob's testament, he replaced all of those leads.

Finally, we get the "fraudster affiliate" off my account. Only to find that now... I get no leads. Zero. Zilch... It's been three days and nothing. You have to keep in mind I spent most of January chasing bad leads, and wasting my time, and waiting for credits. Credits are great, but I want to make sales, and not spend my time on getting credits.. I've opened my account to all homes now regardless of age.

Again, I'm a reasonable guy.... but what am I suppose to think? We go from having all these problems and getting bad leads.. to "fixing it'" and not getting any leads at all? Why wouldn't I think there is still a problem?

I'm in Northern California by the way.

Anyway, I'm incredibly frustrated, and have gone from reasonable to ****** off.

I only went with HTQ because of their reputation. Would I recommend them for leads? Sure, if all you want is to get credits, and go in circles. Again, I'm frustrated.

I'm giving it to the end of this week. If I don't get any leads, or if the quality is still garbage, I'm moving on a getting a refund. Again.... would I recommend this company? To be determined......

***UPDATE*** So, I've decided to move on from HTQ. However, I will say this. There is no other lead company out there, that works as hard, or is as diligent as Bob Klee and HTQ to help their agents succeed. Bob goes above and beyond in trying to assist agents with all matters. I think anyone dealing with HTQ and Bob directly needs to understand that he has many many agents using his service, and spends many hours trying to get back to as many people as possible. It's not unusual to receive an email from Bob at 10pm at night. Also, I am captive, and we just couldn't target my sweet spot well enough. If i ever move to the Indie side, I wouldn't hesitate to use HTQ again.

Are you getting life leads?

Bob,

Thank you for your help. UE is now in the process of reviewing my account regarding the cancellation and refund. Maybe i'm being to kind but I'm trying to believe they will do the right thing here, they have a documented trail of how bad the leads have been.

I agree with the sentiment of this entire thread. HTQ has their issues but they are a very fluid company and adjust their lead sources accordingly. THey are also the easiest when it comes to returns and refunds.

I have dealt with Parasol, HTQ, NetQuote, AllWebLeads, and BankRate's program over the years and HTQ is by far and away the best quality and they actually give a damn about the relationship with their agents.

Great info its hard to get good info in internet leads.

Back