Equis or FE Entourage

Whenever I get any objection, I respond one of two ways:

1) Repeat the objection, say no problem, and close again

"Is this about life insurance. Oh, I already have life insurance, so I don't need to let you in."

"You already have life insurance. No problem ... most people do! This takes just 4 to 5 minutes to go over. Where can we sit down real quick?"

or

"I'm just about ready to go the doctor's appointment."

"You're just about ready to go to a doctor's appointment? No problem. This takes just 4 to 5 minutes to go over. Where can we sit down real quick?" (if they don't have their coat on and the car keys in their hand when they open the door, there ain't no "doctor's appointment" ... it is a blow off.

2) The other way to counter an objection is to validate it and then answer questions to move through it and past it like the above example about the "I thought this was free" objection.

"I have to talk to my son before I do anything. He handles all my finances."

"You would like to run this by your son, Ms. Mary. I hear that a lot, and that is a valid concern. Can I tell you why?"

Yes, please do.

"I'm sure like a lot of seniors we talk to you're getting all kinds of offers for services and benefits on the internet, in the mail, over the telephone, heck, they even try to sell you stuff through the tv, don't they?

They sure do. Everybody is trying to get my money."

It is almost as though a concerned senior who wants to protect her family from the high costs of their final expenses don't know where to turn or who they can trust, can they?

No, we sure can't.

And that is exactly why we come out and meet with seniors like you face to face. What all the other seniors we meet with tell us that they are so thankful to meet us in person, that we show you our state insurance license, and ask you all these health questions ... so that you know you are getting the best policy for your situation from someone you can trust, isn't that nice?

It sure is. I'm so glad you stopped by today!

"Me too, Ms Mary. Me too. Now go grab your driver's license for me and don't forget your check book."

I got it right here! Do I Make the check out to you?

"Heavens no, Ms Mary. I don't ever take your money myself. These are state regulated, not Madoff regulated insurance programs

<we both laugh>

These don't work every time, but they do work often enough - the "free" objection is the easiest. The son/daughter sometimes requires an additional arc of questions. And sometimes Ms Mary just plain ol' sticks to her guns 'cause she don't trust me as far as she can throw me and she ain't buying from me today no how.

Anyhow, I have these written out and I practice them. I practice my door knock script, I practice objections at the door, my presentation, objections at the close, etc. I get a lot of help from my 14 year old son who is going to be a helluva door knocker some day if he ever decides the insurance business is of interest to him.

@DayTimer this is still gold.

Back