Equita Final Expense Services: Beware the FINE PRINT!

I'm not saying it is or isn't the way to go as I have never tried it so I would not be able to offer an opinion other than being the Devil's advocate. All I have to go on which seems good enough is what JD has said and what others have either said or not said to him who have been around here for a while.

Now we are talking contracts, getting down to brass tacks. The contract says that ONCE YOU TERMINATE OR GET TERMINATED YOU HAVE TO BUY THE LEADS FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS. OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T WRITE ANY BUSINESS FROM THESE LEADS THROUGH EFES BECAUSE YOU WERE TERMINATED (makes sense and contract doesn't say otherwise). HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO SELL THESE LEADS? ONLY WAY I WOULD KNOW HOW IS TO HAVE A FEW CARRIERS IN MY POCKET OUTSIDE OF EFES UMBRELLA. WHAT THOSE ONES ARE, I WOULDN'T KNOW. JD ISN'T WORRIED ABOUT IT BECAUSE HE ISN'T LEAVING ANYTIME SOON AND IF HE RECEIVED TWO WEEKS OF LEADS IF HE DID HE PROBABLY HAS THE SPARE DOUGH TO PAY FOR IT........TAX WRITE-OFF FOR HIM.

EFES sounds like a good deal for someone who wants to do FE full time. Part time, not so good. If I were going to try and do it full time, I would go with EFES.

If they terminate you, or you terminate them, I am sure they still want your money and are happy for you to keep writing business on their leads. I have been both in and out of the leads program, and they like my business no matter how I send it.

If they terminate you, or you terminate them, I am sure they still want your money and are happy for you to keep writing business on their leads. I have been both in and out of the leads program, and they like my business no matter how I send it.

It has been my experience that any company you sever ties with in or they with you, do not take your business any more. That's why it's called 'terminated'. Now if the terminated effective date is beyond the two week deal then that is a different story than 'effective immediately'.

It has been my experience that any company you sever ties with in or they with you, do not take your business any more. That's why it's called 'terminated'. Now if the terminated effective date is beyond the two week deal then that is a different story than 'effective immediately'.

Just because your FMO terminated you, doesn't mean the carrier did...

Just because your FMO terminated you, doesn't mean the carrier did...

That's true but you still are obligated to the contract you have. If EFES were to terminate you, I'm not sure you could write for the companies you signed up for with them. The reason why I say this is because even JD said he would be able to write 'other' companies if he needed to that are not under the EFES umbrella. It must be in the contract where you do not get a release.

Get a whole bunch of companies in your bag and transfer or sign up with just one company and try those hack FE places

Diversify your portfolio amigo

HEDGE

That's true but you still are obligated to the contract you have. If EFES were to terminate you, I'm not sure you could write for the companies you signed up for with them. The reason why I say this is because even JD said he would be able to write 'other' companies if he needed to that are not under the EFES umbrella. It must be in the contract where you do not get a release.

Yes, I've seen it said repeatedly that EFES will not give releases. But I guarantee you, you submit an app to a company you're contracted to through EFES, they'll take the business and you'll get paid for it.

Who gives a sh*t about a frekin release?

Wait 6 months and write through another company

Foresters, Sentinal, Monumental, MOO, Assurity etc

Plenty of companies within a couple dollars of each other

When you sign up.. tell the hack recruiter guy you'll sign up with just 1 company and try him out first.. if he gives you any sh*t

The only thing he needs to hear on the phone is a dial tone

I'm not saying it is or isn't the way to go as I have never tried it so I would not be able to offer an opinion other than being the Devil's advocate. All I have to go on which seems good enough is what JD has said and what others have either said or not said to him who have been around here for a while.

Now we are talking contracts, getting down to brass tacks. The contract says that ONCE YOU TERMINATE OR GET TERMINATED YOU HAVE TO BUY THE LEADS FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS. OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN'T WRITE ANY BUSINESS FROM THESE LEADS THROUGH EFES BECAUSE YOU WERE TERMINATED (makes sense and contract doesn't say otherwise). HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO SELL THESE LEADS? ONLY WAY I WOULD KNOW HOW IS TO HAVE A FEW CARRIERS IN MY POCKET OUTSIDE OF EFES UMBRELLA. WHAT THOSE ONES ARE, I WOULDN'T KNOW. JD ISN'T WORRIED ABOUT IT BECAUSE HE ISN'T LEAVING ANYTIME SOON AND IF HE RECEIVED TWO WEEKS OF LEADS IF HE DID HE PROBABLY HAS THE SPARE DOUGH TO PAY FOR IT........TAX WRITE-OFF FOR HIM.

EFES sounds like a good deal for someone who wants to do FE full time. Part time, not so good. If I were going to try and do it full time, I would go with EFES.

The Contract says you need to give 2 weeks notice for them to stop mailing for you. It then goes on to say that upon termination of your lead program you MUST pay $34 per lead for ANY remaining leads that come in for you, not just for the next 2 weeks.
In fact been doing some more digging and found out that several of their top agents/managers have left and gone to the Securus Group. And apparently from my brief look Securus Leads are a fixed cost of $21 and they order them for you as you pay for them. From an initial call, a higher contract is available with the Securus company.

Who needs leads? Get on the Mojo and dial away. Costs next to nothing and you will have instant leads.

This whole post just goes to show you that all Co.'s out there will have some disgruntled agents and some happy producing agents.

Back