Equita Final Expense Services: Beware the FINE PRINT!

Your questions are reasonable however you may be making some assumtions in some areas. Expample: The $34 cost per mail card is not a bad deal especially in tennessee. I have tried numerous varieties and the current average is just over 5% response. If you did this on your onw at $350 per 1000, that amounts to $63.63 per lead card based on average 5.5% returns. Although I do not currently participate in EFES lead program (I ma contracted with them through 2 of their carriers) I am seriously considering it. If I purchased these at the maximum I still am better of based on the current returns.

How exactly does a 5% return on 1000 mailers at $350 per mailing turn into a $63.63 lead cost? Also, how in the world are you getting 5%, everything else I have seen on here says 2% is a great response.

5% response at $350 per thousand is $7 per lead. Maybe a decimal shift if you were saying $70, but how in the world did you get $63.63??

How exactly does a 5% return on 1000 mailers at $350 per mailing turn into a $63.63 lead cost? Also, how in the world are you getting 5%, everything else I have seen on here says 2% is a great response.

5% response at $350 per thousand is $7 per lead. Maybe a decimal shift if you were saying $70, but how in the world did you get $63.63??
Excuuuuuse me!. I meant to say .55 or 1/2 of 1 percent. I did not put the decimal in there . Average 5.5 repsonse cards per 1000 mailed. $350 divided by 5.5 = 63.63 per card. If the forum police gets after me agin I will round that up to 63.64 per card

Ken

I think your math is wrong. A 5% return on mail at a cost of $350 per 1000 is a return of approximately 50 Leads. That's $7 per lead. Where is the $63 coming from? I have done my own calculations on mail and the going rate is usually around $350-$400 per 1000 pieces. At an average return rate of around 1.5 - 2%, that yields about 15 -20 Leads per 1000. At $400 for only 15 leads that's still only about $26/lead. Some returns could be better and you can get them at $20/lead.
But obviously there is a lot of time and energy spent when doing it oneself that could be otherwise spent selling. So I don't mind giving up a little to have this managed for me but I don't want to get myself into something I cant get out of without spending a fortune. And the offer is an 80% contract. I know of people who have an 80% contract and cant seem to get an increase even tho they were told they would at certain volume production.
I'll would love to hear from some existing agents with them or some who had contracts with them.
Anyone else happy with another marketing group that addresses these concerns?

Excuuuuuse me!. I meant to say .55 or 1/2 of 1 percent. I did not put the decimal in there . Average 5.5 repsonse cards per 1000 mailed. $350 divided by 5.5 = 63.63 per card. If the forum police gets after me agin I will round that up to 63.64 per card

Actually .55 is 55%. 1/2 of 1 percent is 0.50%. And it does matter, how can you talk metrics if your numbers and math is completely wrong?

I'll let Rick or Arn come by later and lecture you about your spelling and grammar.

Ok, I accept defeat. My post should have said .55%, or .055 . Anyway, average 5.5 returned cards per 1000 cards mailed @ $350 per 1000 = $63.64 per returned card. $34 per returned card is a better deal based on the response rate in my area. My bad.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ken

I think your math is wrong. A 5% return on mail at a cost of $350 per 1000 is a return of approximately 50 Leads. That's $7 per lead. Where is the $63 coming from? I have done my own calculations on mail and the going rate is usually around $350-$400 per 1000 pieces. At an average return rate of around 1.5 - 2%, that yields about 15 -20 Leads per 1000. At $400 for only 15 leads that's still only about $26/lead. Some returns could be better and you can get them at $20/lead.
But obviously there is a lot of time and energy spent when doing it oneself that could be otherwise spent selling. So I don't mind giving up a little to have this managed for me but I don't want to get myself into something I cant get out of without spending a fortune. And the offer is an 80% contract. I know of people who have an 80% contract and cant seem to get an increase even tho they were told they would at certain volume production.
I'll would love to hear from some existing agents with them or some who had contracts with them.
Anyone else happy with another marketing group that addresses these concerns?

1.5 - 2% return in my area is a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Anyone know a guy named Todd D with EFES? He is one of their big managers, I 'm told, and I just heard today he recently left them to do something different? Any truth to this? Couldn't get any more info.

Even $34 for a mailer lead is not bad. It's not great, but not horrible. That is probably close to what you would pay if you do your own mailings.

I resemble those remarks! Math is not my strong point and I am a democrat. There could be a few more on here but they're not as brave as I am. If you guys promise not to throw rocks I promise not to mention healthcare.

Back