Experience with Royal Neighbors?

Can anyone tell me anything about this company? I've liked what I've read about the company (and that they go up to age 85 for sales) but don't know if they do phone sales, what their underwriting is like, etc.

What the commish structure is like or how fast they pay.

In general, what is your feeling about them?

Can anyone tell me anything about this company? I've liked what I've read about the company (and that they go up to age 85 for sales) but don't know if they do phone sales, what their underwriting is like, etc.

The do phone sales....Depending on your state, you will have to get a replacement signed if doing replacement though.

Their comp is pretty good. 120% is street level.

They pay on issue, so its fast.

The treat meds as maintenance if taken over 2 years. They are pretty handy, but not the best priced.

They also don't have a height/weight charts.

If you do telesales, you can email me and I have a health cheat sheet designed only for telesales I can send you.

[email protected]

RNA is my favorite company and were my go to for 6 years. Very predictable underwriting. Great member benefits.

That voice sig app is way too long and tedious for the field agent. Especially when doing a couple. With two people you are talking about being on the phone almost an hour to get the app done.

Their rate increase in June 2013 pushed them to the point of not being very useful for the everyday FE agent. They became a niche company with that increase.

I wish it wasn't like that. I would like to write more RNA. The way companies change RNA may come back into the picture some day?

If they rolled back that rate increase I would use them almost as much as I used to. That voice sig thing would prevent using them as a go to again though.

And yes, they do telesales.

As a coincidence I wrote an RNA this afternoon. 28 minutes of painful interview but it was approved at the end.

As a bonus it replaced settlers. That's a two'fer!!

Last edited:
Great company and their rates aren't too far off these days. The underwriting is easy and so is the application. The phone interview can be tedious and you do have to switch the pitch up a little to have the applicants account information before you call in.

Great company and their rates aren't too far off these days. The underwriting is easy and so is the application. The phone interview can be tedious and you do have to switch the pitch up a little to have the applicants account information before you call in.

I agree on the great company part. On the rates not being far off? Unless it's a female non smoker in the age 61 to 70 range they are way off on rates.

Only reason they were competitive on the one I did yesterday was because it was a 64 year old female non smoker insulin user. And I still have companies that would beat it $3 or so a month. That was a case where I showed that to her and told her I thought the member benefits were worth the difference.

Had another one on a 74 year old lady non smoker that I would have liked to put with RNA. And she liked the member benefits. RNA was $27/mo higher than the best deal I could get her.

90% of our business is with RNA.

They just changed their phone interview. It's sooooo much better and faster. Even certain interviewers speed up quicker then others.

You should always have the account info before doing any sales call. ??? That one confused me.

They are EXCELLENT for those on blood thinners...basically any of our clients that have heart and stroke history we write Royal AND 1st day benefit.

Typically they will pay you the very next day. Sometimes they get behind so it may delay a day but still.

Not sure why rates are seeming like an issue? Their rates are great.

They just changed their phone interview. It's sooooo much better and faster. Even certain interviewers speed up quicker then others.

You should always have the account info before doing any sales call. ??? That one confused me.

They are EXCELLENT for those on blood thinners...basically any of our clients that have heart and stroke history we write Royal AND 1st day benefit.

Typically they will pay you the very next day. Sometimes they get behind so it may delay a day but still.

What was their recent change to the phone interview?

What was their recent change to the phone interview?

They basically don't repeat everything you give them up front with the customer. They don't ask each question one by one as far as....

whats their first name

whats their last name

whats their DOB

They now just verify with the customer what we give them.

Then they wiill ask "whats their full name and gender"

Whats their address city and zip code and phone number

So now you can rattle off a bunch at once

Again..depending on the interviewer....some will ask you a larger group of questions in one swoop

The other thing about RNA we like and we we have used them for so many years is because they are just so reliable about everything. No f&%k ups. Rarely

What is the NEW average time for the interview?

How recent for the "heart and stroke" EVENT are you writing RNA?

I dunno about "great" but they are priced in the lower half of the carriers on FEX quotes.

Back