Facebook Ads - Pain in the...

I had all of the above issues.

Age discrimination. You can target people that are over 64 but you can’t put those words in your ad.
So I changed my ad from, “turning 65 soon” to “starting Medicare soon?” That got rejected because Medicare is a hot political debate.
Finally, I got them to approve it and after a month I wanted to tweak the ad. After I tweaked the ad, it had to go back for approval.

It was declined. They said I was selling my ad to a 3rd party. I went back and forth with them for a week before I gave up.

Someone on a FB Medicare page said you have to make a new fb page that isn’t tied to insurance or a business and it’ll work.
That experience pretty much parallels my own. I'm now messing with Bing Ads and sure would like to know why so many "seniors" are clicking my ads from 2 - 6 AM in the morning. Lol, damn net companies.

Bing Ads and sure would like to know why so many "seniors" are clicking my ads from 2 - 6 AM in the morning

It happens.

My "hits" are all generic. No paid ads. I get folks at all times of the day . . . including 2AM

Of course your ads could also be "salted" with paid Fiverr clicks . . .

FWIW AOL uses Bing as their search engine and a number of old folks still have AOL accounts

I have a client that has AOL dial up . . .

It happens.

My "hits" are all generic. No paid ads. I get folks at all times of the day . . . including 2AM

Of course your ads could also be "salted" with paid Fiverr clicks . . .

FWIW AOL uses Bing as their search engine and a number of old folks still have AOL accounts

Do they still get update discs in the mail?

Do they still get update discs in the mail?

Good question.

Never thought to ask.

Seriously, this guy lives with his mother. We would talk on the phone then hang up so I can send him something. Then he would call back once he had the info and we talked some more.

Never met him.

I imagined a Norman Bates type . . .

Anybody have a good contact person at FB? I've been trying to run an ad to get leads for life insurance but in their infinite wisdom they keep rejecting my ad because they think that I may be reselling/sharing with a 3rd party. I have no clue as to why they would think this and it is SO frustrating, if FB was a person I think I'd choke the hell out of him. I've e-mailed back asking as to why they have come to this conclusion but I get the same canned response.

I've run thousands of ads on Facebook. Most of it is for IMOs, FMOs, and larger agencies. My company is a media/tech company that has been helping them recruit for 20 years.

Over the years I've found Facebook to be extremely vague in their reasons why something is rejected. Sometimes it can be as simple as deleting the ad and creating a new one with slightly different verbiage. Keep in mind that people are reviewing these things and every person is going to look at an ad differently. I've had ads approved, ran them for a month, created the same ad for another client, and had them rejected.

If you want, send me a PM and I can probably help you get it approved.

Back