FE Phone sales while waiting out Corona?

Desmond Doss

Super Genius
USED to be a FE agent but almost all Medicare now-but cant go see anyone now! And seems like FE would be an easier sale over the phone

Do FE leads answer the phone?

Is it common to fill out the app. mail to them for signature and have them mail back?

DONT want to go through the hassle of doing recording, archiving etc for a couple of months

My IMO is brain dead so cant ask there.

Any experience with phone and and mailing the app for signature?

FE is definitely NOT and easier sale than Med Supps over the phone. FE folks won't go through all of the steps that you need for them to do, like you stated above.

Enroll Med Supp clients right over the phone. No reason to mail them an app.

USED to be a FE agent but almost all Medicare now-but cant go see anyone now! And seems like FE would be an easier sale over the phone

Is it common to fill out the app. mail to them for signature and have them mail back?

DONT want to go through the hassle of doing recording, archiving etc for a couple of months

If your IMO is "brain dead" you should fire them and hire a better mentor.

FE telesales is not something you can jump into and expect to march to the beat of your own drum. Each carrier will require very specific steps.

A good telesales IMO is who you need to talk to about this.

Does your IMO not have an enrollment platform for MA Plans? We do if they don't.

I had an agent write 14 FE apps for 9000AP last week.

Another MAPD agent sold 17 last week.

Both over the phone.

I don't think there has been a better time in history to sell either product over the phone.

Conversion ratios should be better than ever for all sorts of reasons.

Great numbers, and great perspective!

FE is definitely NOT and easier sale than Med Supps over the phone. FE folks won't go through all of the steps that you need for them to do, like you stated above.

Enroll Med Supp clients right over the phone. No reason to mail them an app.
Hey Todd,
Just thought I'd add my 2cents.

Any experience with phone and and mailing the app for signature?[/QU
Todd is correct. Even if you mail an application to your prospect with all of their information pre-filled, signature line highlighted with a yellow marker, and include a pre-stamped self-addressed envelope, you still cannot depend upon them to send it in. They will always find a reason/excuse to procrastinate doing their part.
The good news is, there are several carriers that allow the entire application process to be completed over the phone. I suspect more carriers will soon allow this method of sales in the near future. I do not see them having any other alternative.

Todd is correct. You cannot expect this market's behavior to change. Even if you mail them the application with all of their information pre-filled on it 'for them', signature line highlighted in bright yellow 'for them', along with a pre-stamped self-addressed envelope 'for them', they will still find a reason to procrastinate.
The good news is, there are enough companies that will accept the entire application via telephone. If the rest of the industry wants to compete and keep sales growing, I suspect more will follow suit. No need to mail the app to the prospect, in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back