FE sales via PHONE?

Your MAPD clients are going to be a natural FE cross sell. Especially your LIS clients. Just be sure to be complaint.

By the way--when I started in FE and was struggling I read this great story

A Jewery rep in NYC (If you can imagine that) would walk in, open his sample case and say nothing. People hate silence. So the owner would have to say "We dont carry that sort of item" in which he left. OR "OK so tell me" and he knew he had a sale

I would just knock on the door, the Senior would look at me like I was from Pluto, just hand them the card and say "You mailed this in"

And I got "OH I was just collecting stuff"=poof Im gone. "OH I didnt know someone was gonna come out. YEAH we need to talk"--bingo.

Do you use a "script?" Ive always avoided it, I hate when someone calls me and I can tell its scripted

And Seniors always throw some curve ball that is not in the script. I know what Im talking about I just not sure how to approach the calls

One I HATE is "NO I didnt send anything in" ---Oh? Mrs Turtle Hefenheimer at this number? Husband Iliad? Clearly I got that from what you mailed it--"NO never mailed anything in"

Which never happens with Door knocks!

There are different ways to sell. But most successful telesales agents will advise you use a script. Not as important for face to face.

If you're not going to use a script, at least use bullet points to keep you following a loose format.

The best advice was from JD. Talk to a successful FE telesales agents. Not a recruiter or upline. Not someone who sells other products.

There are different ways to sell. But most successful telesales agents will advise you use a script. Not as important for face to face.

If you're not going to use a script, at least use bullet points to keep you following a loose format.

The best advice was from JD. Talk to a successful FE telesales agents. Not a recruiter or upline. Not someone who sells other products.

Thanks. Yeah I dont need blue sky!

Do you use a "script?" Ive always avoided it, I hate when someone calls me and I can tell its scripted

And Seniors always throw some curve ball that is not in the script. I know what Im talking about I just not sure how to approach the calls

One I HATE is "NO I didnt send anything in" ---Oh? Mrs Turtle Hefenheimer at this number? Husband Iliad? Clearly I got that from what you mailed it--"NO never mailed anything in"

Which never happens with Door knocks!

It does happen with DK’s. Just now got told they didn’t mail it in.

I do use a script, kinda.

More outline than script. But over 10K presentations in I pretty much know it.

As I’ve always said, this is a read and react business. Most important is read. If you don’t read right you cannot react right.

And I get a WHY? upfront. I do not present to uninterested people.

Seems you already understand that.

But I am face to face. I set appointments by phone. Then go see them.

I sell FE full time. When I take our companies mailer and web leads and go see them in person with no appointment my closing ratio is about 40-60%. Serious.

I tried selling over the phone and my closing ratio was about 10% with the same leads. I would say the biggest difference is that people simply don't answer phone numbers they don't recognize. It is so hard to get them on the phone. Once you have them on the phone, they can simply hang up so easily for any reason then they will never answer again and are gone.

I tried Live Transfer leads as well and still had the same 10-15% closing ratio, but with less hassle of dialing. For me the frustration of getting hung up on and losing a client on payment information was worse than just driving around a closing deals.

That's my experience.

May have changed over the last few years but---people that buy FE in MY area generally dont use email. In fact many still have landlines. If they were well educated and middle class they wouldn't need FE?
Then maybe I'm not in Kansas Toto ...

Down here, even the broke ass rednecks have smart phones and email. Some just don't know how to use it.

Practically everything I sell now days is over the phone. MS, MA, FE and life & annuities. It's as simple as asking five words: Are you near your computer?

Then maybe I'm not in Kansas Toto ...

Down here, even the broke ass rednecks have smart phones and email. Some just don't know how to use it.

Practically everything I sell now days is over the phone. MS, MA, FE and life & annuities. It's as simple as asking five words: Are you near your computer?

Yeah that would not work here.

"Do you have email>?" Oh sure
"Whats your email address?" Oh I never use it.
"Ok you have cell phone?" Oh sure
"I can text you when Im in your area" I dont use text dont know how

Im in Missouri

Back