Feedback on Equis Financial?

My understanding is that they lowered the (highest) new agent starting contract to 70% last summer. 70% is paid on MOO's Term Life Express and Am-Am's Home Certainty. Equis pays 60% on Forester's Plan Right (for age 50-80) and it plummits to only 30% (for age 81-85), AND Equis keeps all of the new agent's annual renewals on Forester's business.

Barry Clarkson (previous partner in N.A.A.) is the President and CEO of Equis and they've kept the basic N.A.A. business model.

ETA: Other N.A.A. spin-offs include Symmetry Financial Group and Invida FN. Both are run by ex-N.A.A.ers who have copied the N.A.A. business model and serve plenty of kool-aid.

So I am thinking of joining this company but doing my research first, so far it does not sound as good as I thought. If a carrier pays a 100% commission on a product an Equis pays their agent a 50% commission, does that mean that Equis is keeping the balance??????

So I am thinking of joining this company but doing my research first, so far it does not sound as good as I thought. If a carrier pays a 100% commission on a product an Equis pays their agent a 50% commission, does that mean that Equis is keeping the balance??????

Yes that is exactly what that means

That is correct, that spread between 50% and 100% will be given to equis. So you need to ask yourself what are you getting to give up that 50%? If you get an unlimited flow of DM leads then it may be worth it, but my understanding is you are still required to buy leads which means you are taking on the financial risk and the spread is just for training. Guys on here will train you and give you a much higher commission and get you on a lead program cheaper than equis.

Cap the commissions Fex is offering?Ton's of Imo's offer exactly what Fex offers and many will give 5-10% above street. Example UH many give 125% with no production. Trinity many offering 115-120% with no production. Foresters an Imo can give 130% with no production requirements. Tell Equis to take a hike.

I hate to sound like a broken record with this question, but I too was looking at Symmetry ( I am 50, will be taking my Life/Accident/Health exam on 5/17/17 and have strong sales background) and saw a YouTube from an Equis member that WAS Symmetry that detailed why its better, read this string and am very concerned/confused....as to WHO would be best to talk to. I'm learning a lot about this business but have so much more to learn, but a fast learner, so I need guidance and am not afraid to ask. I'm very much a professional sales person that works my ass off, just finally taking the dive into insurance for many reasons... SO, If we don't use Symmetry or Equis, who do we go to??? There wasn't any clear choices or contacts to reach out to. HELP? I saw " Dave Dufford, Doug Massi, or Ben Bowman have stellar reputations" but don't have any contact info or if they'd be interested in speaking. From: CavsFan ( or Newbie if you'd prefer)

I hate to sound like a broken record with this question, but I too was looking at Symmetry ( I am 50, will be taking my Life/Accident/Health exam on 5/17/17 and have strong sales background) and saw a YouTube from an Equis member that WAS Symmetry that detailed why its better, read this string and am very concerned/confused....as to WHO would be best to talk to. I'm learning a lot about this business but have so much more to learn, but a fast learner, so I need guidance and am not afraid to ask. I'm very much a professional sales person that works my ass off, just finally taking the dive into insurance for many reasons... SO, If we don't use Symmetry or Equis, who do we go to??? There wasn't any clear choices or contacts to reach out to. HELP? I saw " Dave Dufford, Doug Massi, or Ben Bowman have stellar reputations" but don't have any contact info or if they'd be interested in speaking. From: CavsFan ( or Newbie if you'd prefer)

[email protected]

Or call cyberspidy since he knows a lot about symmetry also. 9856291493

I can definitely give you a hand having been with Symmetry. Feel free to give me a call: 985-629-1493. Insurance has been one of the greatest things I have done for my family. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you. I'll call Monday. I was actually down in New Orleans not too long ago but the company I relocated to work for decided to cease operations, and the company i'm currently with (selling Digital Advertising for media company) won't hire more sales people so I'm managing myself....so might as well work for myself and went back home to Cleveland. Here's my linkedin profile after linkedin dot com is /in/schumacherthom/

Thank you. I'll call Monday. I was actually down in New Orleans not too long ago but the company I relocated to work for decided to cease operations, and the company i'm currently with (selling Digital Advertising for media company) won't hire more sales people so I'm managing myself....so might as well work for myself and went back home to Cleveland. Here's my linkedin profile after linkedin dot com is /in/schumacherthom/

Your welcome! I actually used to live there. I'm a retired cop from that area. Miss the food and amazing music festivals for sure. But, I have to say the greater D.C. area has grown on me. Look forward to talking with you on Monday. Have a great weekend!

I saw " Dave Dufford, Doug Massi, or Ben Bowman have stellar reputations" but don't have any contact info or if they'd be interested in speaking. From: CavsFan ( or Newbie if you'd prefer)

Cleveland is one heck of a rough market....what concerns me is that you're a Cav's fan!

Hmmmmm!:swoon:

Back