Final Expense Leads

I agree with you that you have to get your lead pipeline full and well ahead of you. I would say you would need minimum of 30 leads a week.

"..The rule of thumb is you'll book half the lead cards, half of them will show and you'll close half the folks you sit with. Your numbers could be better than that or worse, but that is at least something to play with. I've had batches of cards where I've had a much higher sit rate than others, but those are the numbers you want to track.."

The way I read this, the expected close rate is 1 in 8, not 25% to 30%... According to these number it would take, on average, 40 leads to generate 5 sales. Is it really this unproductive?

A decent FE agent should ave. at least 4-5 sales per 20 relative fresh leads they receive. A real good FE agent should get 5-8 sales per 20 relative fresh leads.

Tks Insuranceman.. that sounds more like it!!!

I'm a 20 year veteran of the business, but new to FE. I'm attracted to the simple (not easy) sale, quick issue, and daily pay. I just didn't know what the realistic expectations were for closing percentages.

I guess that translates into about $2,000 to $3,000 AP for a decent producer, and approx $4,000 to $5,000 for a really good one from working 20 leads per week.

Then, the real focus is on keeping the flow of leads steady. If you want to produce more, work harder and see more people. Over time you should expect to get better at closing a higher percentage.

Tks again

Tks Insuranceman.. that sounds more like it!!!

I'm a 20 year veteran of the business, but new to FE. I'm attracted to the simple (not easy) sale, quick issue, and daily pay. I just didn't know what the realistic expectations were for closing percentages.

I guess that translates into about $2,000 to $3,000 AP for a decent producer, and approx $4,000 to $5,000 for a really good one from working 20 leads per week.

Then, the real focus is on keeping the flow of leads steady. If you want to produce more, work harder and see more people. Over time you should expect to get better at closing a higher percentage.

Tks again

The good agents at EFES have around a 25% close ratio, {that's sales to leads received}. The very best agents at 30% and there are less than a handful at 40%.

The average among hundreds of FE agents at EFES is $50/mo. or $600 ap. There is one guy at EFES that has over $100/mo average, but, he's a freak.

Last edited:
The good agents at EFES have around a 25% close ratio, {that's sales to leads received}. The very best agents at 30% and there are less than a handful at 40%.

The average among hundreds of FE agents at EFES is $50/mo. or $600 ap. There is one guy at EFES that has over $100/mo average, but, he's a freak.

Looks like we are in agreement.

the only way is to get someone on the phone and have it be exclusive... mailer returns have gone down in every industry... do you ever read what the DMA says??? telemarketing till this day is the highest ROI compared to ALL other forms of marketing.

3 posts, 2 pure spam.

Rick

Back