For The Healthy Senior, Who Has Good Fully Underwritten Products?

Yes but if someone wants the 20-pay his idea has a lot of benefit. As long as the RPU is guaranteed and not counting on dividends or something non guaranteed.

I agree but it's still not the same comparison. RNA also would have a RPU option on the level pay. The 20 pay would also have cash vlaue.

Maybe what he was showing would still be the best option but it's wrong to make a comparison as though you are talking about the same product.

RNA took a sizable rate increase on the 17 and under age agroup 2 years ago. Seems like it was about 30%. I'm not surprised that there could be better options on that age group but I still would want to see identical plans compared. Especially when the question is about cost.

Last edited:
I can not seem to get the RNA software to work for me on their site.

What would the RNA numbers look like for the 15 year old at full pay $30,000. If they do not show RdPdUp the cash values. Or if anyone writes them for kids maybe they will post the numbers.

Thanks,

Lee

Here you go

5 yr f RNA 20 pay/25k 18.79
Columbian 30k with 27,500 reduced paid up at 20 yrs 16.42

15 yr F RNA 20 pay/25k 25.10
Columbian 30k with 25k reduced paid up at 20yrs 19.21

25 yr F RNA 20 pay/25k 24.64
Columbian 31k with 24,835 reduced paid up at 20yrs 24.62
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
With columbian you get a larger face amount for the first 20 yrs than RNA then with the paid up reduced you get the same face of 25k.

Even at 35 Columbian is 2.50 more but the first 20 yr face is 33k then reduced paid up at 25k while RNA is only 25k from day one.

JD take it easy with the conspiracies. I was not using trickery I was simply using Columbian's strategy to take their level pay and turn it into a 20 pay. Columbian does not have a 20 pay, you just have to use the RPU. Since with RNA's software you cannot pull up RPU it is easier to show a client what the RPU is with Columbian's. Honestly I did not think to do the same with RNA's level pay at same face amount's assuming the RPU would be the same in 20 yrs. On the five yr old RNA wins by a dollar. On the 15 yr old Columbian wins by a dollar and on the 25 yr old RNA wins by four. So at least under 30 Columbian is competitive.

JD take it easy with the conspiracies. I was not using trickery I was simply using Columbian's strategy to take their level pay and turn it into a 20 pay. Columbian does not have a 20 pay, you just have to use the RPU. Since with RNA's software you cannot pull up RPU it is easier to show a client what the RPU is with Columbian's. Honestly I did not think to do the same with RNA's level pay at same face amount's assuming the RPU would be the same in 20 yrs. On the five yr old RNA wins by a dollar. On the 15 yr old Columbian wins by a dollar and on the 25 yr old RNA wins by four. So at least under 30 Columbian is competitive.

What was the cash vales on each? I have a nice contract with them but have only used them for GI for years.

Thanks for the sales ideas.

What was the cash vales on each? I have a nice contract with them but have only used them for GI for years.

Thanks for the sales ideas.

For the 5 yr old it's3500, the 15 yr old is 4700, and the 25 yr old is 6500. It is just easier to pull up the illustration on Columbian's quote program and show a customer what the RPU, the extended term or the cash value is at any age for Caring Solution or New Century Classic. By the way I used Caring Solution for my illustration.
Now if yoou want to really play with number on a 15 yr old female with Columbians New Century Classic Whole life 50000 face with a 25k RPU in 20 yrs is 22.92 a month. The RNA 20 pay 25k is 25.10. Double the face for the first 20 yrs

Last edited:
deadhead;695621[B said:
]For the 5 yr old it's3500, the 15 yr old is 4700, and the 25 yr old is 6500. [/B]It is just easier to pull up the illustration on Columbian's quote program and show a customer what the RPU, the extended term or the cash value is at any age for Caring Solution or New Century Classic. By the way I used Caring Solution for my illustration.

Yeah, if you are competing with a 20 pay RNA on a young person it appears that CL kills it. I realize these are small premiums, but I like the higher guaranteed face amounts. The reality is probably the higher face will stay the same throughout and not be reduced.

If those are the CL CVs what are the RNA's.

On a 5 yr old CL New Century beats too. A 55,000 face with 25K RPU is 18.55 and RNA 25k 20 pay is 18.79

For the 5 yr old it's3500, the 15 yr old is 4700, and the 25 yr old is 6500. It is just easier to pull up the illustration on Columbian's quote program and show a customer what the RPU, the extended term or the cash value is at any age for Caring Solution or New Century Classic. By the way I used Caring Solution for my illustration.
Now if yoou want to really play with number on a 15 yr old female with Columbians New Century Classic Whole life 50000 face with a 25k RPU in 20 yrs is 22.92 a month. The RNA 20 pay 25k is 25.10. Double the face for the first 20 yrs

Wow, that kills a GUL option also. Sagicor would be $21.52 full pay.

Are these dependent on dividends?

A 25 yr old with a 45k face and 25k RPU in 20 yrs is five dollars more than RNA but the face is almost double for 20 yrs. It is CL 29 and RNA 24

That is why I am putting 75k on my granddaughter with a 50k RPU in 20 yrs. It is only 26 a month and she will have a decent policy to give her at 20. Hell it I wanted to give her Caring Solutions a 75k face with a RPU of 71k it would be $36. But with seven kids and who knows how many grandkids we may get I am budgeting 25 per grand for insurance
Wow, that kills a GUL option also. Sagicor would be $21.52 full pay.

Are these dependent on dividends?

It's non participating

Last edited:
And you guys are gearing this to the final expense crowd? Even if they did have a 5 to 15 year old they wanted to insure and they wanted a limited pay like a 20 pay which is really a life pay for them, they would never latch on to this idea. Wouldn't be simple enough for them. Who is going to remind them in 20 years.

Am I missing something?

Back