Forum Sponsored Ads Posted by Sam

Agents that I know who have created above average lead sources make WAY more money keeping the leads for themselves vs. selling them to other agents. Just my experience...

And from a marketing standpoint the ad is way too long. Who wants to read all of that?? I felt like it was a Robert Barney or MaxHerr post... LOL

Double chuckle :)

Agents that I know who have created above average lead sources make WAY more money keeping the leads for themselves vs. selling them to other agents. Just my experience... And from a marketing standpoint the ad is way too long. Who wants to read all of that?? I felt like it was a Robert Barney or MaxHerr post... LOL

Interested prospects will read as much about your product as you'll give them.

Would you limit your sales pitch to 5 minutes if you were sitting in front of a qualified prospect?

Remember these are advertorials, or content-driven ads. They are supposed to take on the look of a post, as that's why they are effective.

I for one would never waste ad dollars on a banner ad that people purposely block and is easily ignored.

I would make the name of the poster different the Sam if there is some level of concern about implied endorsements.

Would you limit your sales pitch to 5 minutes if you were sitting in front of a qualified prospect?

Remember these are advertorials, or content-driven ads. They are supposed to take on the look of a post, as that's why they are effective.

I for one would never waste ad dollars on a banner ad that people purposely block and is easily ignored.

I would make the name of the poster different the Sam if there is some level of concern about implied endorsements.

It may just be my opinion, but advertorials will contribute to the decline of any publication carrying one. Once a reader decides there is little difference between the ads and the content, there is little point in continuing to read the material, whether it be newspaper, magazine or website.

If I have to work to tell what is genuine versus an ad, I place little value upon the rest of your content and am unlikely to return.

I dont see it the same way. jmo

Sitting in front of a prospect who has already expressed interest in speaking with you is different than advertising to people who have yet to express any interest.

And the ad in question never actually tells you what product the leads are for... so why would someone actually read all of it when they do not even know what its about? I read over the first paragraph... skipped half way down and read something about George Clooney... then skipped to the bottom and read something about 6 figure commissions... then clicked the link and found out it was the Safe Money Millionaire guy, which means it is IUL leads... and then I wished I could have gotten back that 1.5 minutes of my life... :err:
(just not a fan of the book)

Im not saying content driven ads are bad. But when someone is dancing around the actual product and instead promising the moon, that in my humble opinion is not a good sign. So its not that all content driven ads are bad, I just didnt like the style of this one.

I too first read the post on my phone and was not able to see the ad banner. Id agree that a separate username would be good to post them with. Im not against having them on the site as long as they are easily distinguishable from normal threads.

Agents that I know who have created above average lead sources make WAY more money keeping the leads for themselves vs. selling them to other agents. Just my experience...

And from a marketing standpoint the ad is way too long. Who wants to read all of that?? I felt like it was a Robert Barney or MaxHerr post... LOL

Whatever happened to MaxHerr? He didn't last very long.

Dan Kennedy and the companies that pay him 6 figures plus for a sales letter would disagree. And the writer is friends with Dan Kennedy supposedly.

Dan Kennedy and the companies that pay him 6 figures plus for a sales letter would disagree. And the writer is friends with Dan Kennedy supposedly.

Jmo. But a sales letter is different than a post on an internet forum. A letter is personalized. A forum post is general in nature. When something is sent directly to you a person is more likely to take more time with it. When something is sent to a large audience people have a shorter attention span.

To me, advertising on a forum post is a cross between a billboard and a letter... it should be longer than a billboard, but shorter than a letter. Again, jmo.

Jmo. But a sales letter is different than a post on an internet forum. A letter is personalized. A forum post is general in nature. When something is sent directly to you a person is more likely to take more time with it. When something is sent to a large audience people have a shorter attention span. To me, advertising on a forum post is a cross between a billboard and a letter... it should be longer than a billboard, but shorter than a letter. Again, jmo.

People read posts for entertainment and information.

There are plenty of mile-long posts that are entertaining (John Galt getting Newtered, the continuing CompuLife drama), or informative (FE Gold thread).

The better forum advertorials do both, and length is never a real issue, because uninterested prospects for the service will naturally stop reading when they find the material does not apply.

I guarantee that if the advertorial contained interesting and informative content, you wouldn't give much attention to the length.

Jmo. But a sales letter is different than a post on an internet forum. A letter is personalized. A forum post is general in nature. When something is sent directly to you a person is more likely to take more time with it. When something is sent to a large audience people have a shorter attention span.

To me, advertising on a forum post is a cross between a billboard and a letter... it should be longer than a billboard, but shorter than a letter. Again, jmo.

Good points. I just don't know how you could fit something bigger than a billboard into a forum :goofy:

Anyways, I clicked on the link and the video on the landing page wasn't working..... he must of got it made off of fiverr.

Back