Frustrated

I Am a Bankers agent. Don't bash Bankers. Bash the agent. That is a shitty agent and I do annual reviews if I encounter a client of ours that wants to save money then I would have no problem doing exactly that. But apparently that agent either left the company or is not doing his job. IMO.. it is poor form to steal clients from other companies unless it is warranted. I wouldn't recommend a client switch products or companies if they were perfectly happy where they were. Even if it wasn't with Bankers. Instead I would look into other products like Life instead of Med supp.

If it isn't broken don't fix it.. I understand the need to want to get a commission out of them but you can get more commission from them by getting them something they ACTUALLY need or switching something they are unhappy with. I digress. If they didn't understand the facts you were trying to tell them then they are either stupid and can't grasp the concept, were not explained properly by the agent... which is sad and makes that a terrible agent, or just has a bad memory and can;t recall what they were told.

Last edited:
I Am a Bankers agent. Don't bash Bankers. Bash the agent. That is a shitty agent and I do annual reviews if I encounter a client of ours that wants to save money then I would have no problem doing exactly that. But apparently that agent either left the company or is not doing his job. IMO.. it is poor form to steal clients from other companies unless it is warranted. I wouldn't recommend a client switch products or companies if they were perfectly happy where they were. Even if it wasn't with Bankers. Instead I would look into other products like Life instead of Med supp.

I disagree. Medicare supplement people should switch companies any time they can save $20 monthly and health qualify. They shouldn't be pressured, I agree. But they should know that it's an option with no downside if they are honest on the application.

How exactly does one "steal" a client?

They added a clause to their policies when clients apply.

*All clients are the sole property of the company.

73 NT couple plan F for $530/ M with good old bankers.

Now both pay $255 for the same plan.

I couldn't sleep at night from that bad feeling of stealing a client from another agent.

If it isn't broken don't fix it.. I understand the need to want to get a commission out of them but you can get more commission from them by getting them something they ACTUALLY need or switching something they are unhappy with. I digress. If they didn't understand the facts you were trying to tell them then they are either stupid and can't grasp the concept, were not explained properly by the agent... which is sad and makes that a terrible agent, or just has a bad memory and can;t recall what they were told.

I do not sell medsups and am not a FE only agent. I do not knock many companies or generally lump their agents together.

However, in my short time in business I have seen the worst examples of clean sheeting and inappropriate churning in the FE market, followed closely by annuities. As soon as I see or hear people have a Bankers policy I expect to find a problem. Many times I do. Many times the same issues. My guess is if I reviewed their medsups I would find the same. Now this is all over the state and in several other states. If it is not company wide training what is it?

Last edited:
" If it is not company wide training what is it?"
Inappropriate training + rogue agents = Bad Company

It's well documented.

I can tell you are the exception for a Banker's agent because i have been in this business over 20 years I can not think of one instance where a med supp client of mine told me that after they let a Banker's agent in the door that the Banker's agent didn't speak negatively about the med supp I placed them with and try to replace their med supp with a higher priced Banker's med supp.I also cannot think of 1 time where a Banker's agent didn't resort going negative on the med supp I placed a T65 client with or was about to place them with to sell the Banker's 230.00 plan F against AARP/UHC 184.00 plan F. Or the other very common tactic I hear about is Banker's agent claiming their med supp never increases in price, AARP/UHC is risky because it a group certificate or my favorite is Banker's handles claims better because the agent will personally help.When I hear that I laugh and say they better help you with claims because the reason their premiums are so high is they have to pay their agents very high commission's compared to the industry standard to get them to sell it .Why can't Banker's agents just bow out gracefully when they get creamed on the rates instead of taking the low road to try to salvage the sale

My latest Banker's run in last week was an 83 year old man with Banker's who was paying about 225.00 for plan N.He had Banker's since he was 65 starting with plan F and a new Banker's agent came out in 2010 and replaced his Banker's F with a Banker's N for a higher premium stating reason for recommended change was he needed to get a Modernized plan.This man uses the Mayo Clinic in North Fl who have never accepted assignment and every agent knows this in North Fl. and he was wondering why had been getting the extra bills since the Banker's agent did the internal replacement.I actually have a few stories how Banker's were out churning business using the 2010 Med supp Modernization of Med supps as the excuse to replace a lower priced in force policy.

Bankers has a bad reputation in the agent world, for all the reasons mentioned and then some. There is a reason bankers is a turn and burn organization from what I can tell.

Irish...you could be a very nice and well intended guy / girl, but people judge you in part with the people you keep. I am sure there decent Bankers offices out there, but the overall view is not positive.

IMO.. it is poor form to steal clients from other companies unless it is warranted. I wouldn't recommend a client switch products or companies if they were perfectly happy where they were. Even if it wasn't with Bankers. Instead I would look into other products like Life instead of Med supp.

It is good to hear you say this, because it is indeed poor form for a Banker's Life agent to replace insurance products, of any other carrier/agent. However, it is "good form" for a non BL agent to replace Banker's Life Policies anytime the opportunity arises.

In fact, I would say that it is the duty of any self respecting agent to replace a BL policy as often as possible.

At first I thought you were joking. Someone from BL talking about "poor form", if you don't think that's funny, you need to go back and finish your education.

Back