• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

getting cash value

nfl72

Guru
1000 Post Club
Is it common practice for a company not to give me cash value on a policy that I was the writing agent? Just called SNL trying to save a deal and they refused to give me cash value without the client calling in. They claimed it was personal information that I didn't need to know.

Is it common practice for a company not to give me cash value on a policy that I was the writing agent? Just called SNL trying to save a deal and they refused to give me cash value without the client calling in. They claimed it was personal information that I didn't need to know.

Nah, it's not that unusual.

Interesting, never seen a company do that.

That said, sometimes SNL strikes me as a company looking for a fight. Who else has a huge non-solicit/non-compete clause when you log in?

I am well aware of how to get the number I just didn't want to get the client involved. He is already threatening to cancel. I just want to make things as easy as possible for him. I will wait until I meet with him and get it off the policy.

If the client has the policy, it is easily found.. Have you ever asked SNL for a table of non forfeiture values for their products?. If you have that, the next time you can calculate it yourself.

I am meeting with the guy on Tuesday and just wanted to have my ducks in a row when I got there. I waited for ten minutes to be told it was information they could not give me.

I wrote the policy. I am just trying to save the dam thing. You would think we would have a common goal and they would want to make my job easier not harder.

I am meeting with the guy on Tuesday and just wanted to have my ducks in a row when I got there. I waited for ten minutes to be told it was information they could not give me.

I wrote the policy. I am just trying to save the dam thing. You would think we would have a common goal and they would want to make my job easier not harder.
You ask too much of an insurance company.. Do things rationally... :nah:

Back