Getting Started in the Insurance industry

Hello Insurance Friends:

Can someone tell me the best type of business checking/savings account to open when starting an insurance agency. For some reason I recall my past boss having a premium account of some sort. I am not sure if the type of business account even matters at all any suggestions ?

</IMG>:err:
Yeah i would like to know as well.
Also what else can an indy L and H agent get regarding tax incentives

Im a half way noob to this, this coming year will be my first full year.

I have never heard of health choice one, are they a good company to work for? Please dont give me a link to go to there site, I dont want people sending me to there sites. I dont plan to contract with them I am going to be talking with Frank soon about med sups, since he has done this for more then half of my life. I just enjoy knowing things. :1cool:

To revenuegrowth,
you are doing fine as a new agent. But there is no way to make money to do what u do. You have good number of clients in a month, but you need to have higher commision by working same amount of time. Email me or call me at 702 566 2048.

Last edited:
I am a new liscensed agent, who is looking for a new starting point in this career. Not sure where to begin just looking for any type of advice. Any comments would be appreciated.

I am a new liscensed agent, who is looking for a new starting point in this career. Not sure where to begin just looking for any type of advice. Any comments would be appreciated.

1. Don't go to work for an insurance agency that requires you to assign your commissions. You should be the AOR (Agent of Record).

2. Do your own research to learn the facts as opposed to just listening to others. Make informed decisions, not emotional ones. If something sounds too good to be true it probably is.

3. Pick one product you have an interest in and become an expert before adding additional products. Many agents fail because they start out trying to be all things to all people.

4. This is personal opinion. I think Med Supps are the easiest product for a new agent to start with.

5. Learn how to prospect as opposed to being totally dependent on purchased leads. An agent who knows how to prospect will never be without someone to sell insurance to.

Ok, I appreciate the information. I am really looking for something where they will provide some sort of training. Do you have any suggestions?

You are going to have to select a product first. If you want to sell annuities I don't know anything about them. If you are interested in the senior market I have sold a few Med Supps. (See below)

I have kind of narrowed it down to the final expense market. It seems to be a quick and simple product, what are your thoughts on it?

You are going to have to purchase leads and your appointments may take you into areas where you aren't very comfortable. In the short time I attempted to prospect for FE I went into areas where I wasn't very comfortable and I can carry.

If you would like to talk about it give me a call, 573.544.4091.

Back