Getting Started in the Insurance industry

I am a new liscensed agent, who is looking for a new starting point in this career. Not sure where to begin just looking for any type of advice. Any comments would be appreciated.
Newinsurancelady210,
Go to my website, register, and listen to our welcome call. If this sounds like something you are looking for, let me know. I would be happy to schedule a call to answer any additional questions you might have. I am not really here to "recruit", but after looking at some of your posts, I think I can help, or at least get you pointed in the right direction. There is a lot of hoopla out there, you need to use someones experience, who has been there and done that so you can get off to a good start. Just trying to help. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck

But Frank, copy and paste what? He doesn't have a link to his website in his message. Can't be his ID 'cause if I remember right, he said in a thread that wasn't for the purpose of recruiting. See why I am so confused? :1baffled:

It is "hidden". I copied and posted the info in red.

Originally Posted by iFinalExpense.com Newinsurancelady210,

"....Newinsurancelady210,
Go to my website, register, and listen to our welcome call. If this sounds like something you are looking for, let me know. I would be happy to schedule a call to answer any additional questions you might have. I am not really here to "recruit", but after looking at some of your posts, I think I can help, or at least get you pointed in the right direction......"

Seems like the definition of recruitment.:twitchy:

You are going to have to purchase leads and your appointments may take you into areas where you aren't very comfortable. In the short time I attempted to prospect for FE I went into areas where I wasn't very comfortable and I can carry.

If you would like to talk about it give me a call, 573.544.4091.

Thanks for the info Frank, I will. What do you sugest starting with? How long have you been doin this??

Newinsurancelady210,
Go to my website, register, and listen to our welcome call. If this sounds like something you are looking for, let me know. I would be happy to schedule a call to answer any additional questions you might have. I am not really here to "recruit", but after looking at some of your posts, I think I can help, or at least get you pointed in the right direction. There is a lot of hoopla out there, you need to use someones experience, who has been there and done that so you can get off to a good start. Just trying to help. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck

What companies do you work with? I checked out your website.

I read all twenty-seven pages and took notes which includes Franks phone number. My question is about licensing.

Can I buy a used book on Amazon like
Life and Health Insurance License Exam Cram

for $12, read it and hope to pass the MA L&H exam?
Can I get suggestions for study materials? Is it reasonable as a complete newbie to think I can get licensed, contract to sell supplemental policies, create my own prospecting system and start making money?
Suggestions for companies I can contract with as a new agent? If the better recommendation is to work for someone else getting started, who do I contact?

has anyone heard of Asurea? I will be new to the business and am looking at doing my test and starting with this company? Any thought or ideas out their???

has anyone heard of Asurea? I will be new to the business and am looking at doing my test and starting with this company? Any thought or ideas out their???

Never heard of them.

I'll bet they are an agency not an insurance company. If so be very careful and read every word on the papers they put in front of you for your signature.

The number one thing to look for and ask about is if you are going to be the Agent of Record (AOR). If not you may want to run like hell.

Back