GI for Children

One factor to consider is parents with children who incur high medical expenses already have something in place.

It's not as if some family with a kid who's costing them $1,000 a month in health care costs is trolling around looking for an individual plan.

Outside of the agent community, the new health care legislation has been communicated poorly to the masses. Maybe they've read something in CNN but that's it.

It's already common knowledge that you can't apply for individual coverage if you have a major condition.

It's already common knowledge that you can't apply for individual coverage if you have a major condition.

I would take issue with that given the number of calls I get on a weekly basis from folks who are pregnant, recovering from cancer, had a heart attack, have COPD and on 11 different medications, anticipating major surgery and needing insurance . . .

It's almost like folks who believe they can buy insurance in these circumstances are the same ones who believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and voted for Obama.

David, called my GR rep and asked again what the max rate up is. He can't (or won't) tell me. Says it is above his pay grade.

He did tell me that "unlimited" is not an official response. Supposedly neither is, take a guess, if you have to ask you can't afford it or we can tell you but we will have to kill you.

My rep hadn't given me an answer either, the "unlimited" response came from their agent call center. Who knows...

I would take issue with that given the number of calls I get on a weekly basis from folks who are pregnant, recovering from cancer, had a heart attack, have COPD and on 11 different medications, anticipating major surgery and needing insurance . . .

It's almost like folks who believe they can buy insurance in these circumstances are the same ones who believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and voted for Obama.

See what you get for posting your website on insurance message boards!

New agents cream their pants thinking of getting inbound calls, but most of them suck, when I get an inbound call I am literally thinking "Oh Jesus, here it comes...."

New agents cream their pants thinking of getting inbound calls, but most of them suck, when I get an inbound call I am literally thinking "Oh Jesus, here it comes...."

So far today I've had one with chronic bronchitis and one with lupus. Anyone have a tissue box?

And did they get pissy with you when you told them the bad news?

Lupus is HIPAA eligible and chronic bronchitis can move the rest of the family and still save ~$400/month, so all is not lost. Lupus isn't going to like the premiums though. She wants a $0 deductible $10 co-pay plan like her group, not happening.

New agents cream their pants thinking of getting inbound calls, but most of them suck,

I refer them to thall or sman.

She wants a $0 deductible $10 co-pay plan like her group, not happening.

You cold hearted SOB. You just don't want to try.

OMG, Bob, are you telling me that there is no Santa Claus?

Back