Growing My Business (help Me)

Guys, I appreciate all of the support over this entire forum. It really allows someone new to the financial services industries a inside look into the business. With that said, I just started working at MM as a financial sales representative selling mostly Life & Disability Insurance. They have told me that my success is based on getting 10 appointments a week, and to achieve this I should start with friends/family. I believe this is do able for the first couple of weeks, but if the referrals do not start pouring in I will be left in the dust in a month. Below are some ideas to grow my business in order to help me make 10-15 appointments a week.

1) Buy Ages Leads and use Salesdialers or Mojo to work a large list of Life and DI leads.
2)Email Marketing (does Mojo offer drip email?)
3)Join a local Business Networking International or Chamber of Commerce chapter to gain referrals
4)Personally Call referrals to set appointments.

Basically, I need to create a plan to get in touch with as many people as possible in the most efficient way. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Ohio,

I already started about a week ago. However, I can't write any business until my license actually comes in. What I have learned so far is that you will not survive if you do not set appointments. I have a feeling if you only work your Natural Market it will be a very slow, expensive process.

Aged leads are a good idea because you won't go broke working them.

The dialer is a good idea but a better start would be a crm. There are 4 good options for that right now on the market, radius, agencyiq, leads360, and yio. Tons of threads about them but you'd be better off with your finger and a crm than with no crm and a dialer.

Agencyiq and radius are probably the 2 most compatible with what you're looking for. Drip marketing might be a problem with any of them, some crms have drip marketing disabled when you upload a list from csv.

There are workarounds to that but you need working knowledge of php/SQL.

I'm developing a crm/dialer however we just started beta to people other than me.

If you market for multiple companies you might want to look into compulife also. Great comparison software, you can try out a limited web version on Term4Sale.com - Term life insurance comparisons (over 100 companies).

I'd also recommend if you guys are brand new to life ins that you go to iliaa.org and check their site out. You'll learn more watching their videos than you could from any companies training and it's inexpensive. Also gives you access to compulifes web form with most functions enabled.

Johns new website also has a lot of info for agents in general at agentnavigator.com.

I swear this isn't just a big advertising thread, these are the people/places that helped me out when I was new or that I still use.

ksigmtsu,

Thank you for the reply. My goal is to have my assistant (wife) call the aged leads from home. I will be buying 600 Aged Leads and I want 60 dials done in 2 hours, is this possible with out a Salesdialer? I have access to my companies CRM, and the tracking system that they use. Basically I am trying to find the most efficient and fastest way for my "assistant" to call the aged leads and try to set appointments for me, while I am at work calling referrals and going on appointments. I believe if I can set up a successful system for my "assistant" to use it will generate more sales for me with little effort.

Also, what do you think about Business Networking groups to gain referrals? It costs about $450 for the year, and I must attend once a week, every week.

TA what have you been doing so far and how many appointments have you set?

I just finished training, and started calling friends and family. I went on 4 appointments to family so far, and I have 7 this week. However, I want to not feel as if I am leaching my family and do not want to base my business off of selling just to the people I know, because in a month when you sold them all policies what do you have left?

Just be sure when you visit family that you don't immediately declare what they have as "bad" and attempt replacement. If you are not sure what you're looking at, take notes and make a second appointment.

Latest posts

Back