Growing My Business (help Me)

haha...yea, I hear the captives have given up on the Project 100. It's now the Project 300 or Project 500!

I guess it's being adjusted for inflation... ;)

Awesome guys, thanks for confirming that the Project 100/200 is a horrible idea. I do plan on using family/friends just for referrals, and then just slamming away a Aged Lead list, and possibly attending a networking group to obtain warm leads.

Im using a direct mail peice for Life leads - Final Expense- I found that 750 buys me a 2000 pce mailing.

I get 20 -25 appts a week and sell 60%.......

that sounds like a great response! i'm in IL and trying to expand my life business (i do more P&C & commercial now).

i'd like to learn more about your list source, dm piece, closing technique, etc if that's OK?:idea:

Friends and family is the worst possible way to get started. I would avoid that like the plague...

Hello all! :) I am new in the business, dont even have a licnese number yet but did pass the exam..woohoo.. FOrum is very very informative and truly a blessing.. can't wait till i gain experience to give back...

anyways.. if friends/family approach is not the best way to start... how should i start then?? also, why wouldn't i sell something I truly believe is a great thing to people i love who may need it (i will be pushing IULs by the way)?? just wondering...

other facts: im broke, am willing to go door-to-door, and manager just wants me to hit warm market...

just trying to get info to get started off on the right track.. also, i do want to get out of debt, but first help people with their insurance needs...

Hello all! :) I am new in the business, dont even have a licnese number yet but did pass the exam..woohoo.. FOrum is very very informative and truly a blessing.. can't wait till i gain experience to give back...

anyways.. if friends/family approach is not the best way to start... how should i start then?? also, why wouldn't i sell something I truly believe is a great thing to people i love who may need it (i will be pushing IULs by the way)?? just wondering...

other facts: im broke, am willing to go door-to-door, and manager just wants me to hit warm market...

just trying to get info to get started off on the right track.. also, i do want to get out of debt, but first help people with their insurance needs...

first and foremost i wouldn't say that you are going to be 'pushing iuls'. focus on the customer's needs first. an IUL may not be it.

secondly, many, many, (MANY) places will have new agents focus on their 'warm network' only to see them exhaust it and then leave the business. those accounts are then passed over to more sr agents. this is often referred to as 'churn and burn'. get your family to be your cheerleaders and your marketing team. have them get you referrals or appts. turkey won't taste the same at thanksgiving anymore if you sign up grandma ethel for an IUL policy and then fail out of the biz in 6 months.

If you're new, learn how to find a new warm market at the same time you are talking to your warm market. Having new people to talk to is key to sticking around.

Warm markets are sometimes colder than cold markets. Just keep adding names to your names list.

first and foremost i wouldn't say that you are going to be 'pushing iuls'. focus on the customer's needs first. an IUL may not be it.

secondly, many, many, (MANY) places will have new agents focus on their 'warm network' only to see them exhaust it and then leave the business. those accounts are then passed over to more sr agents. this is often referred to as 'churn and burn'. get your family to be your cheerleaders and your marketing team. have them get you referrals or appts. turkey won't taste the same at thanksgiving anymore if you sign up grandma ethel for an IUL policy and then fail out of the biz in 6 months.

Yes, I agree 100% as I am a follower of Jesus and His second commandment is to love thy neighbor.. I am truly in this business to help people because I dont want the feeling of being too late to tell my family/friends about my service/product. If you dont mind.. your thoughts on IUL vs Term-and-invest-difference??

Now, I would like to defend my manager because I don't think he's the type of manager to "churn and burn." I believe he has a solid busines model in place and because of that fact, i don't think using peoples warm market and then closing shop is his goal. however, it doesnt hurt to be safe... how do i exactly get my loved ones to be my "marketing team?"

If you're new, learn how to find a new warm market at the same time you are talking to your warm market. Having new people to talk to is key to sticking around.

Warm markets are sometimes colder than cold markets. Just keep adding names to your names list.

Can you suggest some effective yet free ways of adding people to my list??

Thanks for the guidance :)

Back