Has Direct Mail Slowed Down???

Why wait 4+ weeks for your DM leads to come back to you? Just work TV leads that are either live transfers or are call backs just a few min old.

Greg because you’ll never beat a face to face relationship especially with low income people. Plus on many people I’m getting 2 sales with a mapd and fe policy which gives me much more loyalty and even higher persistency.

The problem is response rates in states like Tn,Ga,Sc,Fl and several other states are 40-50% of many other states . But it seems response rates are a little lower than 6 months ago in many other states.

I am just getting back into the business. My primary areas worked about going to be SC, GA, and NC. What's the deal with the low return in the south east? Is this a historical average of just your personal experience?

I don't work FE, but I did a First Class drop 3 weeks ago, not BRC.. that was a complete bust. It doesn't help that MA penetration state wide is 44% and I was mailing MS.

On top of that, even my local T65 has gone quiet.

I have a partnership that I'm expecting to produce leads for me, based on our conversation... But if not, I've really focused on digital organic and referrals.

However, until politics of PO (eye roll) work out, I'll probably reduce my mailout to local T65

Greg because you’ll never beat a face to face relationship especially with low income people. Plus on many people I’m getting 2 sales with a mapd and fe policy which gives me much more loyalty and even higher persistency.

You can use TV leads for face 2 face if you're in a high population density area. Face 2 face is more enjoyable to me. And I know people who average $25k+ per month using TV leads with tele-sales. TV leads gets you out of the hood and more likely to deal with middle class America...where everyone has a checking account, pick higher premiums, and stay on the books better because they have more disposable income.

I know most won't want to hear this, but if you are doing your own 1000 piece mail drops, insist on getting the entire list and a seed card. Get that seed card laminated with the thickest laminate your local office supply store offers (makes it feel weighty and substantive).

Now, take the seed card and get knocking: You have 1000 leads to who need your help!

I'll be dropping a 1000 pieces though MS Powermail this week (I think it will go out Friday). We will see how that goes. I have mentioned Main Street Powermail many times in the past. I love the CRM feature: Not only are all of your leads, both responders and non-responders loaded into the CRM for you, but you can display them on a map so when you knock one responder, you can also knock the 20-50 non-responders nearby.

Last edited:
Just noticed this announcement on one of bank websites:

USPS Mail Delays

The USPS recently announced it is experiencing processing and delivery delays nationwide due to higher-than-normal mail volumes and the continued impacts of COVID-19 on employee availability. These delays may impact typical mail delivery timeframes, including online bill payments scheduled to be mailed by check. Please consider potential delays when scheduling payments.

I know most won't want to hear this, but if you are doing your own 1000 piece mail drops, insist on getting the entire list and a seed card. Get that seed card laminated with the thickest laminate your local office supply store offers (makes it feel weighty and substantive).

Now, take the seed card and get knocking: You have 1000 leads to who need your help!

I'll be stopping a 1000 pieces though MS Powermail this week (I think it will go out Friday). We will see how that goes. I have mentioned Main Street Powermail many times in the past. I love the CRM feature: Not only are all of your leads, bith responders and non-responders loaded into the CRM for you, but you can display them on a map so when you knock one responder, you can also knock the 20-50 non-responders nearby.

My Imo who does many free mapd mailers for me uses Main Street . They screwed up on a large drop for me into aep and made it right with several free follow up mailers .I never used their crm as they just email me the returns daily . I’m a very heavy door knocker and I really like the yellow or pink hard copy of the return card . Do they mail different colored cards and will they send you the hard copy’s weekly ? How much are they per 1000? Lead concepts is up to $520/1000 which is very steep and lead connections is $470-$490 /1000

Back