Has Direct Mail Slowed Down???

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Has Direct Mail slowed down? Seems as if mine might be at a stop. I order a 1000 piece drop from Lead Concepts in January. They dropped the order around January 13, 2021. To date I have received a total of one (1) lead.. Sure glad I had lead credit with SNL so that lead (which I could not close) only cost me $225.00. :wacko:

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-12_18-11-0.png
    upload_2021-2-12_18-11-0.png
    208 KB · Views: 23
Has Direct Mail slowed down? Seems as if mine might be at a stop. I order a 1000 piece drop from Lead Concepts in January. They dropped the order around January 13, 2021. To date I have received a total of one (1) lead.. Sure glad I had lead credit with SNL so that lead (which I could not close) only cost me $225.00. :wacko:

Caveat, not an agent, have never ordered direct mail leads.

Back before the election, I saw an article somewhere talking about a relatively new Postmaster General who was implementing changes. Interviewed postal workers said that these changes were slowing down mail delivery. the article then said that the changes were being put on hold until after the election so that mail in ballots would not be delayed.

I don't know if the changes, whatever they were, were continued again starting in January. If they were that might account for a longer time gap between a lead order drop date and the expected group of responses.

Lead drops are generally sent in marketimg mail.

Marketing mail is always a low priority. With mail being slowed down it can take upwards of three weeks to be delivered. Which means a delivery of BRC would be up to three weeks back.

So, give it another two weeks or so..

I have Friends throughout the country that say return rates have slown in certain areas . For instance my friend in the Midwest uses Rgi and his return flow has been terrible. It depends where you are.

About the same turn around time for Sr Life mailings now as it was pre Christmas...about 3-4 weeks. Rouse, ask your mailing company for "proof of mailing". They should have filled out PS Form 3817 at the time of mailing. This is suppose to guarantee mail was sent out. If they didn't do this you should ask them "why" and then visit one of their competitors for future mailings.

Sound as if you had someone to subsidize your mailing. If that's the case you have to wonder if they really paid their part so the whole 1,000 pieces were mailed.

I assume this was a FE mailer? I ordered a DSNP mailer from LC that should have gone out around 1/28. Expecting leads to start trickling in next week.

Regular mail seems to be picking up a bit in delivery time. But in yesterday's mail I received some masks from a carrier in CA that was postmarked 12/11. Two months is unacceptable.

Greg that’s not the problem . The problem is response rates in states like Tn,Ga,Sc,Fl and several other states are 40-50% of many other states . But it seems response rates are a little lower than 6 months ago in many other states. I ran a Dsnp mailer almost 4 weeks ago that should pull 2% or 20 leads per 1000 thru Lead connections. So far I’ve gotten back 4 leads per thousand or .4%. The vendor says the mail has been messed up and i should get many more back . Bottom line there’s mass saturation of mailings going on in many states . Then you have more people filling out stuff online .

About the same turn around time for Sr Life mailings now as it was pre Christmas...about 3-4 weeks. Rouse, ask your mailing company for "proof of mailing". They should have filled out PS Form 3817 at the time of mailing. This is suppose to guarantee mail was sent out. If they didn't do this you should ask them "why" and then visit one of their competitors for future mailings.

Sound as if you had someone to subsidize your mailing. If that's the case you have to wonder if they really paid their part so the whole 1,000 pieces were mailed.
There is no question that SNL paid their share. Lead Concepts sent me the list of names that they mailed. I also do not doubt that Lead Concepts mailed them. People are saying 4 - 6 weeks for replies so maybe I am rushing it a bit. I received the one reply and figured other would soon follow.

I don’t know about direct mail, because I haven’t needed any leads in quite awhile. But one of my debit clients who mails her premium sent it to me nearly 3 weeks before I got it. Postmark was 1/23. I received it 2/10. She lives in Dallas, about 40 miles away from my PO Box in McKinney (suburb of Dallas).

On the other hand, a client who lives over 200 miles away mailed it on 2/6. I received it on 2/11. Still seems a little slow for in-state mail, but not that bad.

Last edited:
Back