Hello ! New Agent

Mick Holian

Hello !

I am a new agent, recently obtained my North Carolina Life, Health, and Medicare/LTC license and want to work hard, and jump in , to get working right away. I am 53, and came from a customer service side of business dealing with paying claims for Life and Annuities.

I want to work with Medicare Advantage and Final Expenses, as well as any opportunities in annuities.

Get I get a shout out of excellent companies to work for to get me started in my success with this new chapter in my life. Telesales is no problem , and probably what I prefer.

Thanks to everyone reading this and helping in any way possible! You guys, and girls, are the best!

~Mick

Hello !

I am a new agent, recently obtained my North Carolina Life, Health, and Medicare/LTC license and want to work hard, and jump in , to get working right away. I am 53, and came from a customer service side of business dealing with paying claims for Life and Annuities.

I want to work with Medicare Advantage and Final Expenses, as well as any opportunities in annuities.

Get I get a shout out of excellent companies to work for to get me started in my success with this new chapter in my life. Telesales is no problem , and probably what I prefer.

Thanks to everyone reading this and helping in any way possible! You guys, and girls, are the best!

~Mick

Hi Mick,

I do believe we would fit the bill for what you are looking for, to include annuities. Check out our website and give us a call sometime.

Yet you say in the other threads that you are a brand new agent. So how would you know if the opportunities you have are solid or not? You haven't had time to prove them to be solid to yourself yet!
"cause she is already recruiting

I certainly can Mark, I just wasn't sure that was the most appropriate thing to do? That's how things turn into a pitchfest and I don't think that's the culture of this forum, is it?

Yes Todd, I am new. But I've been shopping insurance IMO's and opps for a few years now :) I do know people who have worked for both companies and what their experiences were. I also know that some of these IMO's are slimy and don't care about their agents- recruit them by the hundreds, offer no support, and will do you dirty by not releasing you. When you're a new agent, it's really easy to get caught up in commission numbers and not the whole picture and that's how you get screwed.

Let me also add that there is a difference between a company/opportunity being solid and an agent being solid.

Despite your snarky comments, I am not recruiting anybody....

Mitch, two companies I would recommend looking at are Assurance and SelectQuote.

Both are remote platforms. Assurance allows you to make your own schedule and you're 100% commissioned (pays out higher than SQ), pay is daily. However, all costs are yours to bear (E/O, resident/NR license fees, AHIP etc.) SelectQuote has a set schedule, comes with salary + commission, benefits, and they'll pay for things like licensing, ahip, CE, and E/O. Both have great training programs. As a new agent I think it's important to have some structure, good training, and access to people that can answer questions before you branch out on your own.

I'm sure there are many other solid opportunities out there, just wanted to share. Super congrats to you again Mitch!! :)
Katie,it is Lois not Mark. The rousemark is short for Rouse Marketing. My orginal ISP would not accept more than 10 characters. Nothing wrong with providing information as long as it is not a pure recruiting pitch that amounts to SPAM. Always leery of those that always asking someone to PM them, especially from their very first post or two. Reminds me of the old Amway recruiting method where they ask you to attend an "opportunity" meeting but will never tell you anything about the meeting or reveal the company up front.

My apologies Lois, bad assumption on my part.

I can see how my post might have been misconstrued, I get your analogy. LOL...amway!
I didn't ask him to PM me, I said he *could* if he wanted the info- which seemed the most kosher and respectful thing to do. If I wanted to pitch him because I had something to gain I would have messaged him directly and never posted at all ;-)
Not Lois either.. LoUis... ;)

Hello !

~Mick

Congratulations! All the best, work hard, and best of luck in your new career!

Back