Help! Sep problem

I have always been of the contention that the most difficult part of this business isn't the selling, it is dealing with the insurance companies and the regulatory bodies.

If the companies and govt. "liked us" and actually would give us help when we need it there is no telling how many people we could really help or how much money we could make.

Sounds like you went above and beyond and did one hell of a job for your client.

I have always been of the contention that the most difficult part of this business isn't the selling, it is dealing with the insurance companies and the regulatory bodies.

If the companies and govt. "liked us" and actually would give us help when we need it there is no telling how many people we could really help or how much money we could make.

Sounds like you went above and beyond and did one hell of a job for your client.

Thanks Frank, I appreciate the kind words. Much better than the hangups I got with Humana....they literally hung up on me 3 different times when I called about this case. I wasn't even mean or disrespectful to them, it's like it was just too much work for them or something

Update # 2 on my client. After being told, yes she does have an SEP and we are issuing the policy with a 7-1-08 issue date, they sent the client a letter telling her she will have an 8-1-08 issue date. It's issued at least but with the incorrect date.

Update # 2 on my client. After being told, yes she does have an SEP and we are issuing the policy with a 7-1-08 issue date, they sent the client a letter telling her she will have an 8-1-08 issue date. It's issued at least but with the incorrect date.

If there was a way to organize agents nation wide and all of them really cared about their ethics and clients the way you and many others on this board to we could put an end to this CRAP.

It's simple, just stop selling their crap until they realize that they cannot keep jerking us and our clients around.

That will probably happen when the temperature drops below zero during August in Missouri.

Is anyone else tired and pissed off about the way companies treat us????????????????????????? Redheaded step children get treated better than the way companies treat us.

If there was a way to organize agents nation wide and all of them really cared about their ethics and clients the way you and many others on this board to we could put an end to this CRAP.

It's simple, just stop selling their crap until they realize that they cannot keep jerking us and our clients around.

That will probably happen when the temperature drops below zero during August in Missouri.

Is anyone else tired and pissed off about the way companies treat us????????????????????????? Redheaded step children get treated better than the way companies treat us.

I completely agree with you Frank. It wasn't like this before the PDP or MAPD plans came into play. Not to say I wasn't glad to see prescription coverage finally added to Medicare. Could they have made that program any more fun to explain to a senior. They've made so many new rules, AEP, OEP, IEP, SEP, ICEP, lock ins, if you move from one state to another, lose your coverage, blah, blah, blah. They should have kept it simple like the med supps (once standardized). Let people leave a plan if there not happy with it anytime during the year. These are seniors you're dealing with, the simpler the better for these people.

The insurance companies have to train the home office people better. That's one of the main problems. I know this is a new program, but the insurance agent shouldn't have to educate the home office everytime you call with a problem. It wouldn't be so bad if the home office would acutally listen to us when we tell them what the problem is and how to fix it.

And for god sakes change the AEP from Nov 15-Dec 31st, it's the holidays!

And what about the repetative training that you have to go through with each insurance company to even offer the PDP plans and MAPD plans. It's the same training but you have to do it with each company, half of them I'll never even use.

Ok, I'm hiving up now, :goofy: I'll quit ranting

One last rant....everyone is blaming the agents for misconduct on MAPD's...granted there are some bad apples, but did ANYONE ever consider the complexity of some of these plans and explaining them to seniors, the home office doesn't ever seem to understand the rules and regulations and gives bad advise to the agents, try explaining deeming (that's a joke), etc. and everything that goes along with them, and they're blaming the agents and implementing even more ridiculous rules on us. Franks right, we need to somehow band together or just quit offering then altogether. I know there are situations where the client can't afford anything else or doesn't qualify health wise and just has Medicare only, but is it worth it for us to put ourselves on the line. I think the requirement for all of us to have E & O coverage and prove it says alot about some of these plans.

Back