SEP CHR

I had a marketer call me recently pitching UHC's I-SNPs, he implied that the commissions were bigger than a traditional MAPD. which is weird because I thought the I-SNPs were non-commissionable for the broker community.

that all being said, the product sounded interesting, and a lucrative niche if one could figure out how to break into it

I was able to sell the I-SNP a while back and they were lay down sales ( pun intended) because the carriers contracted nursing home would write letters with my contact info to their residents authorized reps and family members recommending they enroll in the plan.Paid the same commission regular MA and renewals were not great because these clients were often on the wrong side of the grass within a few years.Also frequenting poopy smelling medicaid nursing homes is very depressing.

So as we know we all know almost every nursing homes automatically disenroll people from mapd plans . I used to think they were mostly being disenrolled to orginal medicare . But it could be a good clip of isnp’s . It might be an ok business if the nursing home called you to enroll people . But these people’s life expectancy is short . I’m looking to build relationships longer term and get many referrals through the yrs .

So as we know we all know almost every nursing homes automatically disenroll people from mapd plans . I used to think they were mostly being disenrolled to orginal medicare . But it could be a good clip of isnp’s . It might be an ok business if the nursing home called you to enroll people . But these people’s life expectancy is short . I’m looking to build relationships longer term and get many referrals through the yrs .

The people who are disenrolled in NH is for the benefit of NH to milk original medicare for short term SNF stays but if the NH is contracted with the carrier I-SNP then the SNF wing of the NH is definitely going to be in network and i believe the NH is also getting a monthly capitation from the carrier for residents who are enrolled.The NH also benefits from the I SNP plan because the carrier will have a clinician that makes rounds on the members in the facilities serving as an extra pair of eyes and ears for facility staff and pcp.Also the fact that the member living in the NH doesn't have to carted off to the hospital for 3 days before the NH could " skill" the resident was another benefit that was part of the marketing spiel when i was selling these plans.

Personally I think a Med Supp is the best place for anyone with a chronic condition. No copays, no networks. No cost except the medsupp. Which for many would be under $150/month if they are 65-69 in my area.
Need to go to ER?-no prob
Need ambulance? no prob
Inpatient? no prob
Chemo which runs a family member 7K every 2 weeks-no prob---- no 20% coinsurance

My thoughts exactly. Looking for more long term relationships . Not into spinning wheels for 6 months at a time. I'll find out more soon. This is what the agents are doing in our org, but I have no idea if there's a stipulation on preventing fast chargebacks. Its a nursing home hand off to the agents in place ready to enroll. Had over 100 enrollments on a trial run between a few agents who supplemented their AEP this way. No feedback as of yet other than that.

Doing my contracting today. Not sure yet on how much I want to get involved.

The people who are disenrolled in NH is for the benefit of NH to milk original medicare for short term SNF stays but if the NH is contracted with the carrier I-SNP then the SNF wing of the NH is definitely going to be in network and i believe the NH is also getting a monthly capitation from the carrier for residents who are enrolled.The NH also benefits from the I SNP plan because the carrier will have a clinician that makes rounds on the members in the facilities serving as an extra pair of eyes and ears for facility staff and pcp.Also the fact that the member living in the NH doesn't have to carted off to the hospital for 3 days before the NH could " skill" the resident was another benefit that was part of the marketing spiel when i was selling these plans.
You wrote "when you were selling these plans..."

What made you stop?

Back