Helping a friend for term.. etc

So you are against a private business making an ethical decision they feel is best for their business? Interesting. Not sure what that has to do with insurance... but ok.

Does that mean you support me being forced to sell certain products just because a certain minority of people in our country demands me to do so?

I’m not a fan of “cancel culture” and especially over silliness.

Disability insurance is all about your occupation and ability to make a claim. The insured should be able to make a claim if they can't do THEIR SPECIFIC JOB (in most cases) and not be forced into some other profession to make a living.

There are very limited life carriers that even have those riders, and they are nowhere near comprehensive enough to offer anything meaningful by way of disability coverage (unless the insured ends up a paraplegic or something, and even then the coverage isn't going to provide the benefit amount or benefit length necessary in most cases).

Here's the analogy I use: It's like buying a recreational vehicle. You can live in it, but it's not as nice as your house. You can drive it, but it's not as nice as your car.

In most cases, RV-like insurance products don't do anything particularly well. There may be a few exceptions but this isn't one of them.

Thank you for your info!

I’m not a fan of “cancel culture” and especially over silliness.

Most people do not consider racist stereotypes "silliness".

Does that mean you think we should not have stopped using other racist stereotypes?

Such as the signs they used to hang around the south depicting black people as monkeys?

No difference between the two... other than one of them is directed at children instead of the general public...

---

What you are calling "silliness" are racist stereotypes that are hurtful, disrespectful, incorrect, & harmful to the minds of our children.

The only reason one would want their children exposed to that, is if they want their children to grow up with racist stereotypes ingrained in them at a young age. (or dont care if they are)

The owners of Dr. Seuss books certainly thought it was harmful ... since there was no "cancel campaign" against those books. It had been an internal company discussion for multiple years.
----

I wonder how long Dr. Seuss would have lasted if he had characterized white people in derogatory ways?..... instead it was black and asian people... and that seems to be ok with many white people still today

Last edited:
Most people do not consider racist stereotypes "silliness".

Does that mean you think we should not have stopped using other racist stereotypes?

Such as the signs they used to hang around the south depicting black people as monkeys?

No difference between the two... other than one of them is directed at children instead of the general public...

---

What you are calling "silliness" are racist stereotypes that are hurtful, disrespectful, incorrect, & harmful to the minds of our children.

The only reason one would want their children exposed to that, is if they want their children to grow up with racist stereotypes ingrained in them at a young age. (or dont care if they are)

The owners of Dr. Seuss books certainly thought it was harmful ... since there was no "cancel campaign" against those books. It had been an internal company discussion for multiple years.
----

I wonder how long Dr. Seuss would have lasted if he had characterized white people in derogatory ways?..... instead it was black and asian people... and that seems to be ok with many white people still today

You are (my opinion of course) out of your mind.
Dr. Seuss was a genius. Pure and simple. No two ways about it.
Who is to say some of his characters WEREN’T poking fun at white people? Do you think no cartoonist has ever made stereotypical fun of white people?
I may have a lot of faults but racism is not one of them.

Cancel culture is out of control. You are not going to “save the world” by banning Dr. Seuss or Mr. Potato Head. Erasing history is not an option. You can attempt to keep kids ignorant but I don’t think that ends well.

I know your motives are in the right place but you are WAY off base and way out of line with your “I’m more woke than you” attitude.

Have a good day.

You are (my opinion of course) out of your mind.
Dr. Seuss was a genius. Pure and simple. No two ways about it.
Who is to say some of his characters WEREN’T poking fun at white people? Do you think no cartoonist has ever made stereotypical fun of white people?
I may have a lot of faults but racism is not one of them.

Cancel culture is out of control. You are not going to “save the world” by banning Dr. Seuss or Mr. Potato Head. Erasing history is not an option. You can attempt to keep kids ignorant but I don’t think that ends well.

I know your motives are in the right place but you are WAY off base and way out of line with your “I’m more woke than you” attitude.

Have a good day.

That's because the cancel culture has little to do with fighting racism

Isn't it strange that many of those who came out against sues were not against it a few years ago in fact some endorsed suess

Yet so many came out with the exact same words and phrasing not even taking the effort to put in their own words against suess in a 40-hour span

Just one of many many MANY things out of place

That's because the cancel culture has little to do with fighting racism

Isn't it strange that many of those who came out against sues were not against it a few years ago in fact some endorsed suess

Yet so many came out with the exact same words and phrasing not even taking the effort to put in their own words against suess in a 40-hour span

Just one of many many MANY things out of place

I dont like cancel culture when it comes from Social media mob, but conservatives & liberals both have created this. It isnt just the liberals I dont agree with involved in cancel culture. Just a few that I can recall from various decades of my life:

Conservatives were in a yank in the 1970s with one of my favorite shows, the Jeffersons, for having an interracial couple on the show

Harry Potter books & movies
Dixie Chicks (I cant stand their music, etc) but they took a beating for their statements.
Brokeback Mountain--never watched it but I recall the cancel culture around it
NFL-- pretty self explanatory
NBA- see above
News media- fake news
Late night shows hosts
SNL
Starbucks
Nike
Here is a website telling Conservatives who & what businesses to boycott: NTF WORKSHEET: CONSERVATIVES SHOULD BOYCOTT the FOLLOWING COMPANIES & PERSONALITIES — Nebraska Taxpayers for Freedom (netaxpayers.org)

We are all a bit hypocrites on this topic. The difference today is that social media allows it to go on 24/7 blast worldwide asap & get consumed, shared & promoted...................on both sides of the political sides

Long live Pepe LePeuw, Speedy Gonzalez, Grease, Chris Cuoma (cant stand him),

This Dr Seuss is ridiculous to me on both sides. Harper decided on their own to quit printing those 6 books & they have every right to do that if they are no longer selling or they wish to get ahead of any future problems with them. However, the big tech companies like FB marketplace, Amazon, Ebay, Google that have now stopped allowing the old versions of those books to be bought/sold as collections are being hypocrites with what they still permit to be sold, viewed ,etc.

sadly, I think it is only the beginning & we get to act offended when "our" side has something attacked & act righteous when we go after the "other" side

I dont like cancel culture when it comes from Social media mob, but conservatives & liberals both have created this. It isnt just the liberals I dont agree with involved in cancel culture. Just a few that I can recall from various decades of my life:

Conservatives were in a yank in the 1970s with one of my favorite shows, the Jeffersons, for having an interracial couple on the show

Dixie Chicks (I cant stand their music, etc) but they took a beating for their statements.
NBA- see above
News media- fake news
Late night shows hosts
SNL
Starbucks
Nike
Here is a website telling Conservatives who & what businesses to boycott: NTF WORKSHEET: CONSERVATIVES SHOULD BOYCOTT the FOLLOWING COMPANIES & PERSONALITIES — Nebraska Taxpayers for Freedom (netaxpayers.org)

We are all a bit hypocrites on this topic. The difference today is that social media allows it to go on 24/7 blast worldwide asap & get consumed, shared & promoted...................on both sides of the political sides

This Dr Seuss is ridiculous to me on both sides. Harper decided on their own to quit printing those 6 books & they have every right to do that if they are no longer selling or they wish to get ahead of any future problems with them. However, the big tech companies like FB marketplace, Amazon, Ebay, Google that have now stopped allowing the old versions of those books to be bought/sold as collections are being hypocrites with what they still permit to be sold, viewed ,etc.

sadly, I think it is only the beginning & we get to act offended when "our" side has something attacked & act righteous when we go after the "other" side

On second thought I am done arguing these things out

Its obvious whats happened so I don't need to talk about it in-depth anymore

Last edited:

NBA- see above
News media- fake news
Late night shows hosts
SNL
Starbucks
Nike

I don't totally agree. Maybe I'm not going to buy a Dixie Chicks CD if they are being obnoxiously anti-american. But I'm never going to attend an effort get them canceled. I don't care for Saturday Night Live because they have gone too one-sided on their political "humor" and become more insulting than funny, but I could care less if you watch it. And if it was still funny I would still watch it regardless of who they make fun of.

I think the right mostly wants to support businesses they think support their values when they can. But the left takes it further and wants those businesses they don't agree with to be shut down. They don't want ANYONE to have access to things they don't like.

I don't totally agree. Maybe I'm not going to buy a Dixie Chicks CD if they are being obnoxiously anti-american. But I'm never going to attend an effort get them canceled. I don't care for Saturday Night Live because they have gone too one-sided on their political "humor" and become more insulting than funny, but I could care less if you watch it. And if it was still funny I would still watch it regardless of who they make fun of.

I think the right mostly wants to support businesses they think support their values when they can. But the left takes it further and wants those businesses they don't agree with to be shut down. They don't want ANYONE to have access to things they don't like.

Yes you said it better than me but this is the truth

Back