Hiring Someone to Create a Website Any Opinions?

I guess you have a certain point. If someone pays $2,500 for a website and believes they received a finished product worth $2,500, then who cares how the sausage was made.

It's just like any other product really.

Wholesale pricing and retail pricing are way different, and it absolutely matters which store you go to. Pricing can vary a ton in websites.

Also even with programmers who are quite fluent in linux and wordpress, like myself, I can get better VISUAL results by outsourcing my design to an artist, then making sure all the pieces work together and are right for SEO purposes, etc.

Usually the people higher up the chain are more specialized and do less things, but do them very very very well. They're usually managed by a jack of all trades that knows the whole approach but isn't necessarily going to beat his artist in a graphic contest, or beat his content writer in article creation. It's not much different than a brigade system you'd use in a kitchen.

Overpricing whole projects then having them done on elance and pocketing a ton of money is unethical, but outsourcing or having a team isn't a bad thing.

You don't need a bootleg copy of Photoshop for this. Overkill. Paint.net and GIMP are free and legal.

If one of you guys already posting in this thread need a signature with a transparent background, email me the jpg and I'll email you back a png file with a transparent background. Then you can add the signature to anything from a web page to a Word doc no matter the color of the background. [email protected].

THANK YOU, Larry. I spent about an hour and a half trying to figure it out yesterday. Converted jpeg to png. Opened it up in paint. Can not figure out how to make the background transparent???

Very frustrating for me.

THANK YOU, Larry. I spent about an hour and a half trying to figure it out yesterday. Converted jpeg to png. Opened it up in paint. Can not figure out how to make the background transparent???

Very frustrating for me.
Paint won't do it, but an easy free program called "Paint.net" will.

If you email me the jpg to [email protected] I'll convert it and send a png back.

Paint won't do it, but an easy free program called "Paint.net" will.

If you email me the jpg to [email protected] I'll convert it and send a png back.

He has probably about 50 or so images he needs to do this with... I dont think your that nice of a guy Larry... lol.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Very frustrating for me.

Like Larry said, get Paint.Net ; your regular windows paint program will not do it.

I provided the links to it in my other post.

Then you use the magic wand or eraser functions under the "tools" section to erase the white background.

Or go on craigslist and post a job under part time and pay a kid a dollar or two per image. (or fiverr or elance)

Last edited:
He has probably about 50 or so images he needs to do this with... I dont think your that nice of a guy Larry... lol.
Yeah, my offer was for the signature only. I figure I'd have to be maybe 3 minutes worth of nice. Anything more than that and I'm out of my comfort zone. :D

Just want to provide an update on a website that Crabcake Johnny is doing for me. I HIGHLY recommend using John for website development. It has been 2 weeks since we started and website is up and running and looking good. We probably would have further along, but I have been a bit slow in getting him needed info. He's been very quick and very professional. We still need some tweaking to do, but I would absolutely use him again!

Just want to provide an update on a website that Crabcake Johnny is doing for me. I HIGHLY recommend using John for website development. It has been 2 weeks since we started and website is up and running and looking good. We probably would have further along, but I have been a bit slow in getting him needed info. He's been very quick and very professional. We still need some tweaking to do, but I would absolutely use him again!

Thanks - your Red Lobster gift card is in the mail.

Back