Hiring Someone to Create a Website Any Opinions?

Just want to provide an update on a website that Crabcake Johnny is doing for me. I HIGHLY recommend using John for website development. It has been 2 weeks since we started and website is up and running and looking good. We probably would have further along, but I have been a bit slow in getting him needed info. He's been very quick and very professional. We still need some tweaking to do, but I would absolutely use him again!

How about posting a link?

To see what kind of site has been created.
xrac,
I appreciate your curiosity. I was looking for someone to create a new website, found Crabcake Johnny from this forum, liked what he had to say, and I hired him. This post is called "hiring somebody to create a website, any opinions?" I am providing my opinion to the OP, that I liked what CCJ has done so far and that I would recommend him. No more, no less. I am not looking for a critique of my site. But thanks anyway.

xrac,
I appreciate your curiosity. I was looking for someone to create a new website, found Crabcake Johnny from this forum, liked what he had to say, and I hired him. This post is called "hiring somebody to create a website, any opinions?" I am providing my opinion to the OP, that I liked what CCJ has done so far and that I would recommend him. No more, no less. I am not looking for a critique of my site. But thanks anyway.
When you provide an unsolicited endorsement of someone selling their services on the forum and then hesitate to show what you endorsed, it begs the question WHY.

When you provide an unsolicited endorsement of someone selling their services on the forum and then hesitate to show what you endorsed, it begs the question WHY.
Larry, WHY what? That I gave an unsolicited endorsement to someone I found on this forum? That I haven't shown my unfinished website on this forum? That I don't want to show my website on this forum? I purchased several lists from Josh over the years and I endorsed him as well. No one ever begged for a WHY back then. Didn't know proof was required to provide assistance to an OP.

Larry, WHY what? That I gave an unsolicited endorsement to someone I found on this forum? That I haven't shown my unfinished website on this forum? That I don't want to show my website on this forum? I purchased several lists from Josh over the years and I endorsed him as well. No one ever begged for a WHY back then. Didn't know proof was required to provide assistance to an OP.
If it's unfinished, it's unfinished. It seemed in your reply to xrac you just didn't want your site critiqued and therefore had no intention of posting a link to it. It's your site... show it or don't.

If it's unfinished, it's unfinished. It seemed in your reply to xrac you just didn't want your site critiqued and therefore had no intention of posting a link to it. It's your site... show it or don't.

Personally, I could care less other than a chance to see what Johnny turns out.

There are a number of reasons why folks won't share their links. In fact, there are folks on this forum with GREAT sites they don't share the links with for very legitimate reasons. Some value their privacy, some don't want their site picked apart, some don't want their site linked to their account because they'd rather not have their posts here among their friends/colleagues/etc mixed with their business. I'm not sure what his reasons are, but there are plenty of good ones to choose from.

Back