How a dog was envolved in the IARFC being founded.

IARFC

John "Jack" Gargan was the founder of the IARFC. He did it to fight the fake " International Association for Financial Planning, " Now called FPA. They gave a dog the wonderful CFP designation.

Financial Planning Association - Wikipedia

" In 1984, Gargan became the founder, President and CEO of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC). Now headquartered in Middletown, Ohio, it is the premier and largest professional associations for financial consultants in the world. "

AWARDS

Founder's Award
This Award is made in honor of the founder of the IARFC, John J. Gargan. It is presented to persons who have delivered significant service to the operation and growth of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants.

• Past or present Board Director, Officer or Committee Member
  • Professional designation or credential holder awarded by the IARFC
  • Clean regulatory record
  • Member of good standing for a minimum of 5 years
  • Adhere to the IARFC Code of Ethics
  • Most importantly, they must have contributed to the growth of the IARFC membership by referring members and by holding or attending events that additionally help expand (above and beyond) the visibility of the Association.

" In 1984, angry over the ease with which charlatans were able to register as authorized financial planners, Gargan submitted his dog, Beauregard, for membership in the International Association for Financial Planning. The half-Schnauser, half-poodle received a membership card in the name Boris 'Bo' Regaard, CFP, CLU Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Life Underwriter. This was publicized in over 3,000 media outlets. It led to the demise of that once-powerful organization.[7] "

It was reborn as FPA. Same ole dog, different name.

I myself will gladly say the dog Boris 'Bo' Regaard, CFP, CLU would do far less damage to people than some CFP's I've met.

Jack Gargan (politician) - Wikipedia

Just wanted you CFP only guys to be proud of your founding. As you put down other wonderful designations. I never liked the only apple on the tree guys. So never forget the IARFC founder's dog was granted the CFP designation. I know there are good CFP's out there. This is not an attack on you.

Reactions: DHK
Van Mueller tells this joke often:

There’s an accountant, attorney, banker, and trust officer. They were arguing and arguing over who’s going to be the most important financial advisor in the 21st century. And they argued and argued and argued… and they can’t come up with an answer. So they sit down and write a letter to God.

“Dear God,

Who is going to be the most important financial advisor in the 21st century? Will it be the accountant, attorney, banker, or the trust officer?”

They send this letter off to God. A week goes by – no answer.

Two weeks go by – no answer.

The third week, they got a letter in the mail from God. They tear this baby open and here’s what it says:

“Dear accountant, attorney, banker, trust officer:

I don’t think any of you are going to be that important in the 21st century.

Signed: God, CLU.”

Whoa! Must've (obviously) been before the days of having to pass a comprehensive exam!

Nope, he passed the test. LOL The dog paid the fee.

That was how you passed. If your check cleared the bank, YOU PASSED!!!!!! Jack mailed in a Money Order for Boris 'Bo' Regaard. Then he explained the he did'nt have a checking account. They gave him the CFP without having a checking account. No questions ask!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DHK
Back