How Do I Set Up My Own Website ?

Re: How do i set up my own website?

Check out mine $100 per month.

My vote is for using Wordpress.
Pick a good theme that fits your style, and set it up.
You can get graphics done very inexpensively at Fiverr - Hire people to do things for $5 or elsewhere. You can customize it any time you want with plug-ins that will do just about anything.

Wordpress is the #1 content management system, and it's free.
Google loves Wordpress for search engine results because the text can be found easily. The WP platform easily allows you to add frequent or infrequent content by way of posts to your site. Google loves that.

My vote is for using Wordpress.
Pick a good theme that fits your style, and set it up.
You can get graphics done very inexpensively at Fiverr - Hire people to do things for $5 or elsewhere. You can customize it any time you want with plug-ins that will do just about anything.

Wordpress is the #1 content management system, and it's free.
Google loves Wordpress for search engine results because the text can be found easily. The WP platform easily allows you to add frequent or infrequent content by way of posts to your site. Google loves that.

I completely agree with WP -- but, really, people should get away from this I'll-design-it-myself mentality! I run into it all the time, and most of the homemade websites you see just don't look that good. Either that or they break all the rules of website design, and I've seen some zingers. And don't ask your friends for advice, because they don't know either!

Maybe a better way of putting it is this: Would you recommend that someone write their own insurance policy? Why not? Because they wouldn't really know what they were doing.

The Internet and websites have been around for quite a while now. People are very used to seeing quality designed websites. You want your website to give the best impression you can. It should not look like something you and your 17 year old designed.

I completely agree with WP -- but, really, people should get away from this I'll-design-it-myself mentality! I run into it all the time, and most of the homemade websites you see just don't look that good. Either that or they break all the rules of website design, and I've seen some zingers. And don't ask your friends for advice, because they don't know either!

Maybe a better way of putting it is this: Would you recommend that someone write their own insurance policy? Why not? Because they wouldn't really know what they were doing.

The Internet and websites have been around for quite a while now. People are very used to seeing quality designed websites. You want your website to give the best impression you can. It should not look like something you and your 17 year old designed.

Says the guy that charges $249 to set up a free wordpress :laugh:

Actually if someone doesn't have the money to invest in a Custom website designed by someone else, wordpress is a pretty good and easy alternative to get a website. But don't not just make one, read up some tutorials even videos on youtube before jumping straight into it.

Who the hell started this thread?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow, 6 years later and I still can't get any leads from my site...

Last edited:

I have them sent to me. I will be happy to sell them to you.

Are they worth anything?:skeptical:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have an idea for all you web gurus. You can all have a crack at making my site produce and whoever wins will get a nice endorsement from me on here.....

Last edited:
Back