How Do I Set Up My Own Website ?

Re: How do i set up my own website?

Says the guy that charges $249 to set up a free wordpress :laugh:

I know that sounds kind of self-serving, but it's not really meant to be.

I don't live in the Bangladesh provinces, so $249 is not a big sum of money to me.

But I am a partner in a website design company -- I'm not the designer, I do website marketing/advertising -- but the website's on the first page of Google & Yahoo! for some good terms, and I am often talking to people who attempted to design their own website or have some cookie-cutter kind of thing with outside advertising put on it they got for free. I also run into the types who decided to design their own website three months ago and, somehow, nobody in the company ever found the time to work on it. I see what anybody in the website design business sees.

I think what made me a little more outspoken about the matter was when I saw the owner of one of those self-made websites ask for opinions on this forum. The website was probably about as good as you could expect from a non-designer -- but it really didn't "cut it". Poor layout, just didn't really look very good.

Of course, everybody from the forum who was asked said it was a work of art. Probably similar to the reply you get when you ask your relatives if you have singing talent and could make it on American Idol.

These days, it's possible to get a good custom five page website designed by a pro for $399. If you can't come up with that, you should probably be working for somebody else anyway?

Sounds good. Would you like to write my content. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you guys think my site needs redesigned?

I think your site is fine for the senior market. The font is clear and easy to read, the site has a mellow color scheme, and it conveys trust. I honestly think you've picked the best generic stock photos I've ever seen on a website. You might want to find a way to make your quote box stand out more but other than that I think the design is fine. If you are trying to rank the site, you definitely need more content. I would start with these pages: "Medicare Supplement" "Medicare Advantage" "Life Insurance" "Annuity". I would say at minimum at least the same length as your home page.

Also you might want to remove the nofollow link to your blog in the top navigation and footer. You are kind of working against your self if you are posting content to this blog. Its like telling Google I don't even endorse my own nonsense :biggrin:

Just a thought, you might want to look into a new logo. I think a really nice one would just tie the entire site together.

Last edited:

Are they worth anything?

I will give you a full refund on any lead you contact that is deceased.

Mike, Chumps has so much stuff out there he won't notice if any is missing. Just take some of his things and substitute Medicare for health insurance, and Indiana for Ohio and you are fine. Heck you could probably just put Medicare in there anywhere and it would work.

Here is an example.

We provide the guaranteed lowest allowable rates for your [Indiana] Ohio [Medicare]health insurance plan. Whether you are an individual, family, self employed or uninsured, our free [Medicare] service allows you to compare and learn about the most affordable [Medicare]health insurance in [Indiand] Ohio. Your free [Medicare] quotes are the lowest available rates allowed by each carrier. We'll also discuss and review what impact [Medicare] insurance reform will have on your specific [Medicare] situation. While some changes have already gone into effect (such as 100% coverage on preventive services), there will be more changes between now and 2014.

I would leave in the thing about 2014. It will prompt seniors to call and ask what is happening then.

Q for Johnny Walker. Does anyone on this forum use your services?

Other than after 5PM of course . . .

I will give you a full refund on any lead you contact that is deceased.

Mike, Chumps has so much stuff out there he won't notice if any is missing. Just take some of his things and substitute Medicare for health insurance, and Indiana for Ohio and you are fine. Heck you could probably just put Medicare in there anywhere and it would work.

Here is an example.

I would leave in the thing about 2014. It will prompt seniors to call and ask what is happening then.

Q for Johnny Walker. Does anyone on this forum use your services?

Other than after 5PM of course . . .

If you're going to get into substituting words in website content, make sure that your "rewrite" is about 60%+ new. Otherwise at least the Big G will consider it duplicate content.

You won't get "penalized" like so many think for duplicate content, but your website will be affected in the sense the pages will not (or should not) show up.

Of course, you won't be ranked for anything since it will be duplicate content in Google's eyes. Believe me... ask anybody with a lot of content on their site and they'll know about people trying to copy content.

Latest posts

Back