How Do I Set Up My Own Website ?

Re: How do i set up my own website?

Who the hell started this thread?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow, 6 years later and I still can't get any leads from my site...

I don't know of anybody has mentioned this yet, but

(1) Has anyone done a website ranking report to see where you stand? You have to be on the first page of search results in order to get any visitors. If you don't get many visitors, or your website is optimized for search terms that don't generate much traffic, this would explain why you don't get many/any leads.

(2) I don't know what percentage of the Internet consists of the "senior market", but I know that, years ago, it was a very small percentage. I presume this has changed quite a bit in the last eight years or so.

(3) Remember that, for every 100 visitors your website gets, 1% to 2% will in some way contact you. That's basic website statistics across all markets.

"Mike, Chumps has so much stuff out there he won't notice if any is missing. Just take some of his things and substitute Medicare for health insurance, and Indiana for Ohio and you are fine. Heck you could probably just put Medicare in there anywhere and it would work."

Just to clear something up...I do NOT approve of copying content and vigorously notify Google when I see it happening. I realize there are others that copy, but inevitably, their sites do not rank.

"Mike, Chumps has so much stuff out there he won't notice if any is missing. Just take some of his things and substitute Medicare for health insurance, and Indiana for Ohio and you are fine. Heck you could probably just put Medicare in there anywhere and it would work."

Just to clear something up...I do NOT approve of copying content and vigorously notify Google when I see it happening. I realize there are others that copy, but inevitably, their sites do not rank.

Great. Now I have to go erase all the hard work I put in the last few hours copying your sites....

Great. Now I have to go erase all the hard work I put in the last few hours copying your sites....

I ran a ranking report on your website, and I also did a backlink analysis.

Your biggest ranking obstacle is that you have a zillion incoming links from Insurance Forum, but none from any other website.

And you only receive ranking juice per domain, so 1 backlink from an outside website gives you the same "oomph" as 539, which I believe is what you have from Insurance Forum.

Technically, I'd say you need a ton of "link power". You can add unique written content, but it'll take you a zillion pages of it to produce any real ranking effect. Backlinks still seem to rule the day.

I ran a ranking report on your website, and I also did a backlink analysis.

Your biggest ranking obstacle is that you have a zillion incoming links from Insurance Forum, but none from any other website.

And you only receive ranking juice per domain, so 1 backlink from an outside website gives you the same "oomph" as 539, which I believe is what you have from Insurance Forum.

Technically, I'd say you need a ton of "link power". You can add unique written content, but it'll take you a zillion pages of it to produce any real ranking effect. Backlinks still seem to rule the day.

Well thanks for raining on my parade. My site is better than Greenskys though right? :)

a zillion incoming links from Insurance Forum

Everyone that posts here and has a linkable tag line has that issue. Of course if you remove the linkable tag line, won't Google wonder what happened and penalize you there as well?

Everyone that posts here and has a linkable tag line has that issue. Of course if you remove the linkable tag line, won't Google wonder what happened and penalize you there as well?

I think they are endorsing link clean up now so it may actually look favorable. Or just link to one of your other web properties so it doesn't spam your main domain and can still pass some authority. Not that any of the IF topics ever build any tangible authority anyway.

One link goes to a quote page, the other to an inner page of my Medicare domain.

OK?

One link goes to a quote page, the other to an inner page of my Medicare domain.

OK?

Your signature links are nofollowed so it doesn't help/hurt your SEO unless people from this forum are actually clicking them and getting a quotes.

Last edited:

I don't think so, because what you have here is a very "natural" form of linking that comes from being active in forums.

If there's one thing you can take away from the unending Google algorithm changes, it's that "natural" link behavior rules the day more than ever.

Back