How Do You Judge Your Week?

Oddly enough, my boss says the same thing. What's with insurance guys wanting to own funeral homes?

I want to help people at their worse time of need. I love to talk to strangers and I would never get bored. That kind of stuff does not bother me. If I owned a funeral home, I could give everyone in my family a job. It would be a family run business. People will always be dying, so I should always have new clients.

I have tons of reasons.

Life Insurance agents and people that work at the funeral home have a lot more in common then you may think.

We are both going to be there for your families after you have passed. We are both important.

Oddly enough, my boss says the same thing. What's with insurance guys wanting to own funeral homes?

It must be the mentality of "cornering the market"... Eventually, we all will do business with the funeral home, (either well aware or unknowingly)... If only the ins biz had as few competitiors as exist in the funeral biz. Usually in small towns the choice is Smith, Law and Jones OR Jones, Smith and Law... (but less obvious), so they get you either way, it just depends which bldg they hold your service.

The funeral biz appeals to some, but I can't imagine so... I am friends with the local funeral director. Years ago, we were out for dinner... he just downed a plate (whopping full) of greasy BBQ babyback ribs. No more than he took his last bite, his pager went off... "Oh, I gotta go, he said. Gotta go pick up Mrs Alford, she just died"... Didn't phase him a bit, full the gills on ribs or not... I would have chucked pork from here to there........ I guess you just get used to the biz and what you are dealing with, whether full or empty stomach.

Back