How is gas, food and electric rate hikes affecting FE sales?

My personal plan is to get a moped and only eat 4 days a week. :twitchy:

If a guy on a moped pulls up in my driveway and I'm feeling kindly, I'll offer a cheese stick or some peanut butter sandwich crackers.
I had a moped back in my early 20’s that I used to get back and forth to work. It was very helpful as gas moved rapidly from .50c/gallon to over $1.00 during the oil embargo years. So, the other day, as I was paying $5/gallon, I was thinking of that moped nostalgically.

But riding one now seems a little “soyboy”. So I’m thinking about buying a horse.

I had a moped back in my early 20’s that I used to get back and forth to work. It was very helpful as gas moved rapidly from .50c/gallon to over $1.00 during the oil embargo years. So, the other day, as I was paying $5/gallon, I was thinking of that moped nostalgically.

But riding one now seems a little “soyboy”. So I’m thinking about buying a horse.

Wife just informed me that our local Casey's is $5.30 for regular. Not sure how much hay is per bail?

Wife just informed me that our local Casey's is $5.30 for regular. Not sure how much hay is per bail?
Just for fun, I googled horse ownership costs. It seems it averages about $180/wk in Texas. At $5/gallon my car costs $150/wk just for fuel. Including routine maintenance, I’m probably close to the same as owning a horse. So, maybe an iron horse (avg 42 mpg)?

Attachments

• 02ABDD5B-4A5D-44CD-99CE-47AC5CE2F1AC.jpeg
    02ABDD5B-4A5D-44CD-99CE-47AC5CE2F1AC.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 2
Within 2 miles of me this morning.

Gas is between $5.79 to $6.50 cash price. Debit or CC add 20 - 30 cent per gallon.

Many areas in CA are higher few are lower.

Two days later. This is not LA or SF.
Many areas are much higher.
Add .20 -.30 more for CC or Debit card.

This just my city.

Over $2.10 more per gallon than just a year ago.

Sure the sky is not falling but it is definitely in the conversation at the agent and client level.

Working lower middle class is getting crushed here in California.

The California elites = let them eat cake. After they clean my toilets.

Screenshot_20220608-082727_Chrome.jpg

I also forgot, because I don't use them, that FEX agents have use of the FE quoter and Toolkit at no charge. Also one of the FEX agents developed the Tracker system and also added Navigator to it. Those are available also to any FEX agent that wants it.

I answered simply because you asked him about me, twice.

Agents can call Todd or Matt,both agency directors and get help with rate quotes,FEX Toolkit.
This comes in handy when the agent has no cell signal,internet.

BTW,if an agent has a 2-3 contracts at FEX,several contracts at different IMO’s,can the agent get the RGI fixed cost leads from through FEX ?

If yes,could the agent write business off those leads and put it with a company that he is contracted with at at different IMO ?

Thanks in advance

Agents can call Todd or Matt,both agency directors and get help with rate quotes,FEX Toolkit.
This comes in handy when the agent has no cell signal,internet.

BTW,if an agent has a 2-3 contracts at FEX,several contracts at different IMO’s,can the agent get the RGI fixed cost leads from through FEX ?

If yes,could the agent write business off those leads and put it with a company that he is contracted with at at different IMO ?

Thanks in advance

Are you making my point for me by saying agents can call those guys? :1wink:

I don't use Toolkit so I don't know how it works with no signal. Or how it works with a signal.

No idea on the RGI question either. But I can tell you that if it was my decision then no, I am not servicing the RGI program for you to write business elsewhere. I would guess that's FEX's official position too. But I've never asked a nonsensical question like that.

And another thing, I don't give a shit if your agents can call anyone. I don't give a shit how your IMO operates. I've never asked you how your operation works.

You ask the questions about others. No one asks you anything? Does that not tell you something?

And you only ask to argue the answers.

Last edited:
So LD, would this be better?View attachment 7904

I don't know if that is something you would want to leave unattended in your work neighborhoods.

From your posts, it sounds like you have some rapport in at least parts of your area, but I don't know if the rapport would extend far enough to provide safety control for that ride.

Back