How much money did you make this year so far?

The reality is I joined Chump's association and bought his ebook. He told me that all I needed to do is have an insurance license and a phone. It will ring.

Chumps, soon?

Rick

Last year I made around 60,000 dollars not much money I know, but I didn't work very hard for it. Maxium of an average of 20 hrs a week selling (non insurance products)

In the type of business and products of what I sold and the minimal amount of time I worked, 60,000 is considered very good. I know its not huge like the big time insurance agents.

I'm sure there are plenty of people here that made well over 120,000 last year or this year already. However; I made 60,000 with almost zero overhead and very very little headache.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'd bet what I made last year that of the people who responded to your post that have over 1000 posts that they made AT LEAST twice what you did last year.

What an odd way to enter a forum.

Last edited:
Many people like reading things that are controversial, that is why I wrote what I wrote.

If you are offended thats great, if your not offended thats great too!

Why would your insurance business be up and down if you are building a book of p&c business? I could understand with health or life but not with p @ c.

I sell P&C too. It is a great business, for the long term. It is what I offer to help out my clients with to whom I sold something else. If you are selling individual P&C and made $60,000 last year in 1st year commissions, you sold about 300 cases if you are the GA or 700 if you are an agent. That's about 1 to 2 cases a day.

Kudos. Please key me in on your secret.

The reality is I joined Chump's association and bought his ebook. He told me that all I needed to do is have an insurance license and a phone. It will ring.

Chumps, soon?

Rick

The good news is that my 2009 Ebook will ready in about 3-4 weeks. As an Association member, you'll get some great new ideas and of course...as a 10-year member of the Association...5 shares of MCI stock.

I give advice but I don't waste it on pikers. Email me your 1099 form last year showing you made more than $200,000 and maybe, just maybe I'll spend a bit of time with you. Sorry if that sounds rude.

Good point. Maybe we shouldn't waste our time giving advice to all the newbies who are just going to drop out of the business in the next few months.

Send me a copy of your license and a certified copy of your tax return before I waste my time giving you advice.

By the way, I'm six policies away from doubling my agency's production when compared to 2007. I added an agent, but lost an assistant (same person - my son) so we did it with the same amount of manpower.

Free advice:

Use the search function to find threads that address your concerns. Participate in those threads or start another one to get the information you want. I suspect that most of us will forget or forgive this thread and the fact that you started it. if you try again.

When I get the documentation requested above, I'll consider giving you some more advice.:nah:

all I needed to do is have an insurance license and a phone. It will ring.

Give me your number, Rick. I will call you.

Oh yeah .. . and don't give me that 900 number like the last time. My wife just now let's me use the phone again.

Last edited:
Networking is the key to success for anyone selling life insurance. There is no better lead than a word of mouth referral. If you can get people to refer new prospects to you and they come to you of their own free will you will be making tons of money. Now just figure out how to do it.

That's it? I thought that you were going to share a secret formula.

I know this Haitian guy that works real estate. He speaks with a HEAVY accent. I would think that would make things difficult for him, but he is the networkingest son of a bitch I know. We can't go ANYWHERE without people stopping him to talk to him about something. Its like he's a friggin celebrity. If you know anyone like that you had best do all you can to learn to do what they do. Don't reinvent the wheel. Steal their ideas and create some success of your own!

Back