How to Find Out What Lead Company is Calling Me

rafaelperi, Is it so hard to find leads buyer? Why do you spend time on searching for an agent who buys leads from one of your competitors?

rafaelperi, Is it so hard to find leads buyer? Why do you spend time on searching for an agent who buys leads from one of your competitors?

I'm thinking the same thing.

Let me get this straight:

You want me to be friendly enough to give you information on my vendor, right after you just showed me how valuable you think my time & lead money is, by wasting some of both.

Why would I, as a business man want to do business with a clown that just stole my time/money to prospect me....cause that's exactly the way I'd see it.

Instead of working or "buying" access to me, you'd wait for me to spend my money and my effort 'working' to find prospects....then during the course of MY WORK you'd inform me that the lead I PAID for was nothing more than a 'reverse' marketing ploy
Where I not only:
a) pay for your pitch
b) but I also did the heavy lifting of making the outbound call, while you cheaply and lazily sit there answering calls on my dime.
(Yeah , I'd invite you over to present your proposition to me and I'd WISH you were local, with some B.S. like that....Good Luck, buddy)

** Honestly, some agents will NOT do business with you due to that approach........providing "fake lead info" to sell me "leads".......
Do you see a possible trust issue here.

In addition to a rep feeling 'raw' cause you, purposely wasted his time and money whereas you spent 0 $$$ to talk to him/her, worse yet the rep paid.... for YOU get an inbound lead .........I predict you will get cursed the f-out a lot.

Can you imagine a "Match.com competitor" setting up a profile as a "pretty girl" with the purpose of accepting "incoming calls" just to pitch the single on signing up with another "dating service?"......

No I'm not really a 'hot chick'....I just thought this would be a great way for me to build my site.....'ya know by using your membership you paid for to "trick" you into calling me so I can pitch you for FREE..... on how wonderful it'd be if you'd send me some more of your money. 'I'll be brief cause I know, you probably just lost an erection.'

I'm to lazy and cheap to attract you any other way, so I decided to use your money and waste your time & effort, but TRUST me we've got a GREAT company and you'll be on dates soon.:1baffled::mad:

AGAIN, GOOD LUCK

Just curious, did you read his posts before you responded?

..i did.....and i was confused at first, but then i thought i understood what he was trying to say but obviously wasn't in the right mind frame when I was reading....disregard my message, i was wondering why somebody would be asking that type of question haha. my apologies, gentlemen.

It has been tough for me. I emailed the top 10 websites (via their contact page) and never even got a reply from them. I'm going to try calling them directly.

I'm thinking the same thing.

Let me get this straight:

You want me to be friendly enough to give you information on my vendor, right after you just showed me how valuable you think my time & lead money is, by wasting some of both.

Why would I, as a business man want to do business with a clown that just stole my time/money to prospect me....cause that's exactly the way I'd see it.

Instead of working or "buying" access to me, you'd wait for me to spend my money and my effort 'working' to find prospects....then during the course of MY WORK you'd inform me that the lead I PAID for was nothing more than a 'reverse' marketing ploy
Where I not only:
a) pay for your pitch
b) but I also did the heavy lifting of making the outbound call, while you cheaply and lazily sit there answering calls on my dime.
(Yeah , I'd invite you over to present your proposition to me and I'd WISH you were local, with some B.S. like that....Good Luck, buddy)

** Honestly, some agents will NOT do business with you due to that approach........providing "fake lead info" to sell me "leads".......
Do you see a possible trust issue here.

In addition to a rep feeling 'raw' cause you, purposely wasted his time and money whereas you spent 0 $$$ to talk to him/her, worse yet the rep paid.... for YOU get an inbound lead .........I predict you will get cursed the f-out a lot.

Can you imagine a "Match.com competitor" setting up a profile as a "pretty girl" with the purpose of accepting "incoming calls" just to pitch the single on signing up with another "dating service?"......

No I'm not really a 'hot chick'....I just thought this would be a great way for me to build my site.....'ya know by using your membership you paid for to "trick" you into calling me so I can pitch you for FREE..... on how wonderful it'd be if you'd send me some more of your money. 'I'll be brief cause I know, you probably just lost an erection.'

I'm to lazy and cheap to attract you any other way, so I decided to use your money and waste your time & effort, but TRUST me we've got a GREAT company and you'll be on dates soon.:1baffled::mad:

AGAIN, GOOD LUCK

I appreciate and understand your example. Makes sense.

But I wasn't counting on negotiating with the person that called me. I simply want to discover who he/she bought the lead from.

If my competitor sells his leads to, ABC leads , would ABC leads be the one calling me?

I appreciate and understand your example. Makes sense.

But I wasn't counting on negotiating with the person that called me. I simply want to discover who he/she bought the lead from.

If my competitor sells his leads to, ABC leads , would ABC leads be the one calling me?

Might want to check out a lawsuit by NetQuote against MostChoice before you start trying to fill out Bogus leads to find what Agents a lead vendor is selling to. That is not a good idea.

You must do what all of us do. Find the agents yourself. Do cold calling [agents do it with X-dating], go to Statewide or local Agent conferences & promote your company, email lists with your offer. It is lots of WORK to build an agent base & even harder to retain them. Just a fact.

You are welcome to call me if you'd like more info.

Best of luck!:idea:

Back