Humana issue

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Back in February I wrote my first PDP with Humana. I made a mistake and wrote the wrong plan number on the application thus the wrong plan was issued. The applicant called me and asked me to call to get it corrected. By the time I got someone I was told he had called and cancelled. The guy has a short temper and he probably tried to blame the company and ended up pissing someone off. About 2 weeks later he called me back and wanted me to reapply. I did and the correct policy was issued.

Fast forward to today. I get a call from an investigator with Humana about the case. I told him exactly what happened. It was my first case and I made a mistake. I told him I wasn't aware it was a big deal and he assured me it was. He set an appointment with me next week to go over what's next. Said it could take a while. I never knew that me filling out the application incorrectly could be such a hassle. I won't certify with them again.

Back in February I wrote my first PDP with Humana. I made a mistake and wrote the wrong plan number on the application thus the wrong plan was issued. The applicant called me and asked me to call to get it corrected. By the time I got someone I was told he had called and cancelled. The guy has a short temper and he probably tried to blame the company and ended up pissing someone off. About 2 weeks later he called me back and wanted me to reapply. I did and the correct policy was issued.

Fast forward to today. I get a call from an investigator with Humana about the case. I told him exactly what happened. It was my first case and I made a mistake. I told him I wasn't aware it was a big deal and he assured me it was. He set an appointment with me next week to go over what's next. Said it could take a while. I never knew that me filling out the application incorrectly could be such a hassle. I won't certify with them again.

That does seem like a lot, even for Humana. Did you complete certification to sell PDP? If you were able to rewrite the PDP before the other one took effect, I’m not sure what the big deal is?

I was certified for 2022. The man cancelled the original application so I rewrote it. In fact I am pretty sure that I called Humana before I reapplied and was told to submit a new application. Like I said the guy must have made the wrong person angry at Humana and they are taking it out on me. The guy today first said that he filed a complaint but later said he had just got upset. I will know more next week.

This should not have been a big deal

They guy probably did a complaint and probably stated other thing maybe he said he was lied too

That would be my guess,

It has to be about more then making a mistake on app cancelling and rewriting people do that all the time I have seen

I have had clients change their mind on which plan with same company had to cancel and rewrite because they decided not HMO want PPO and similar situations

Make sure you have all your notes about the conversation you had with client

Who knows what he might have told them some people can say anything and throw anyone under the bus with all kinds of erroneous statements

I have had a client lie on me one time on a duel plan Said I told her glasses would be covered every year when I told her on several occasions it was every 2 years

She even stated on first call she wanted every year I told her I cannot do that

She said forget it

Then called me 2 days later and Said ok ill do it anyway

Then I got call from compliance 3 weeks later she said I told her every year and made a complaint against me

It sounds like he filed a complaint against you. That would be my guess. Or said he was lied to. Had my first person do that a couple of years ago. she took many meds and I told her she’d hit the coverage gap.
she said I lied and told her all of her meds were free.

I too am dealing with a Humana complaint and that is exactly what happened to you. I called over a month ago for the phone call recording that the customer made and I have not heard another word except that the complaint was inconclusive and dropped, still waiting on the phone recording because that is not how I play.

Making a correctable mistake on an app is not a big deal, unlike what the rep is telling you. The client probably called in and made a verbal complaint. Still, not a big deal. Just tell them what happened and don't let the rep strongarm you. Everything worked out and is correct now.

I too am dealing with a Humana complaint and that is exactly what happened to you. I called over a month ago for the phone call recording that the customer made and I have not heard another word except that the complaint was inconclusive and dropped, still waiting on the phone recording because that is not how I play.

I too have had an issue with them! One and done.

Once I learned how they conduct business ...Never again for me and or my clients.

I would stay on their A** and or write a letter to demand a copy of the recording.

I too have had an issue with them! One and done.

Once I learned how they conduct business ...Never again for me and or my clients.

I would stay on their A** and or write a letter to demand a copy of the recording.

i hear you on that. I have a strong suspicion that they contacted my member whose chronic condition could not be re-verified and took it away from my BOB. They are my last choice

i hear you on that. I have a strong suspicion that they contacted my member whose chronic condition could not be re-verified and took it away from my BOB. They are my last choice

I can't really go into what they did to me and my client...would be to long of a post, all I can say is that in my 30+ yrs of doing this I have never had another company pull such a stunt that they did to me and my client. I feel for other that will have the same happen to them.

Latest posts

Back