Humana issue

I never certified with them before until 2022 so I figure if I did without them for 44 years I don't really need them.

I have a few friends who’ve gotten complaints over the yrs . Every single time it was an email . They sent a sheet with questions to answer . Never did they get a call at first from a “ representative “ . Never have I seen or heard of that for the first contact . Anyway ive talked to fmo reps who’ve dealt with agents and complaints for a decade . Unless it was outright fraud it never was an issue . Like “ I never signed this “ . Anyone who writes a lot of mapd will eventually get a complaint or 2 . There’s so many moving parts

That complaint wasn’t made 3 months ago . No company sits on a complaint 2-3 months . You’d be notified of a sales allegation within a month after the complaint.

I'm not sure about that. Just yesterday I received a complaint for one of my agents. Called the agent and the only thing they can come up with is something that happened last October. It came from UHC. She has not sold an UHC MA since about 2 years ago.

I had a customer call Humana to ask if she had dental because she couldn't remember and the Humana rep created a complaint, I called Humana on this and I have requested a phone review of the call, that was 2 months ago and I have never heard another thing. Humana is no longer worth my time

I had a customer call Humana to ask if she had dental because she couldn't remember and the Humana rep created a complaint, I called Humana on this and I have requested a phone review of the call, that was 2 months ago and I have never heard another thing. Humana is no longer worth my time

As others will catch on to how they do business. In my situation I was only trying to help the client and a complaint was filed!

You need to document everything in my case they went as far as to term me for cause and take comp.

Lets just say they lost a few clients over that deal.

Last edited:
I've heard a half dozen stories like this about humana (a few on Priority but with the secret shopper side--which doesn't seem to be a recent thing)...Going slow with Humana...spreading the love as equally as I can, precisely bc I trust no one specific carrier.

Learned the hard way on that in younger years. But from what I've heard from everyone in real life, the agents around me, most the vets say be very very cautious with Humana. It's not the main one we use for a reason.

For sure one guy close to me was termed a few years ago.. Still don't know why. Never paid much mind, bc I thought maybe he's not saying the whole story. He claims it was out of the blue, no clue what happened, tried to figure it out, never did, moved on, writes everything in our area except that.

I've had one strange call from them, nothing came of it so far...had to do with a DSNP that I wrote, he cancelled, then wanted it again, and called them...they called me and did a 3-way with him on the phone, tried to get me to go re-write it. super weird. I steered very clear of it, I knew long before they called me I wasn't dealing with him for a re-write--major flip flopper. I never went to re-write it, but on the phone I was cautious....so far, crickets. It wasn't a complaint but thought it might turn into one...

Last edited:
I’m reading these stories above and I have 2 friends who’ve gotten 4-6 complaints over the past 4 yrs . I’ve talked to the fmo assistant who deals with all the agents . These are small bs complaints your talking about . Just like my friends complaints . They asked for their side of the story and it was closed . The fmo assistant who I know well has seen tons of complaints. She says she’s rarely seen anyone termed.The toughest one on agents on complaints is United .

I’m reading these stories above and I have 2 friends who’ve gotten 4-6 complaints over the past 4 yrs . I’ve talked to the fmo assistant who deals with all the agents . These are small bs complaints your talking about . Just like my friends complaints . They asked for their side of the story and it was closed . The fmo assistant who I know well has seen tons of complaints. She says she’s rarely seen anyone termed.The toughest one on agents on complaints is United .

What 2 friends who’ve gotten 4-6 complaints over the past 4 yrs

I'm sorry thats a lot

The only one I got I should have seen a mile away she clearly was trying to get me to lie I thought enough to stick to the truth

Still was unfounded no issue

I can see how it can happen if you said one had a really bad run and got 4 but 2 agents with 4 to 6 each

That's might be a case of where there is smoke

Unless they do a lot of Medicaid I had heard that has been an issue, I am dreading it but running into more and more of that buis my self, I don't chase it though, I only do it if it feels right

What 2 friends who’ve gotten 4-6 complaints over the past 4 yrs

I'm sorry thats a lot

The only one I got I should have seen a mile away she clearly was trying to get me to lie I thought enough to stick to the truth

Still was unfounded no issue

I can see how it can happen if you said one had a really bad run and got 4 but 2 agents with 4 to 6 each

That's might be a case of where there is smoke

Unless they do a lot of Medicaid I had heard that has been an issue, I am dreading it but running into more and more of that buis my self, I don't chase it though, I only do it if it feels right

Duals and lis baby !!! Your going to get complaints in that mkt . Your dealing with mass uneducation . You told me the food card was $300, otc $500 . Zero to do with medical .My first aep I wrote 2 sisters . One had $200 otc and the other $100 qtr . They tried to order $100 each more . They called me on speaker and said I lied to them . I said you misunderstood me . I thought they’d complain but they never did .. I read 39 k complaints in 2021 vs 18 k in 2020 .

Back